Moving Picture Public Beta: 0.5.4 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wonderfull, first scan I do & already a lot recognized :)

some that did not work
Höhle des gelben Hundes due to the umlaut I think
y tu mama tambien, because I type tambien instead of Y tu mamá también

I miss lots of cliparts though, would be good to have the imdb one as backup maybe ?(via the imdb id)

Many thanks already guys!

It's on the way. See here.

I think you guys are mistaken, there is a cover. You might be looking at the original film, check the year. Gone in 60 Seconds is a remake...

Online Movie Database - An open directory of Movies for HTPC software

Also you have to be logged in to see covers on the site.

Thats what i'm saying... there is a cover, but it does not show in MovingPictures.... :)

Strange thing thoug, it is not searchable in the movie-xml-page as well. But maybe i'm just messing the name up.

I think you probably are linked to the original 19060s version of the movie. Go to the control panel and research for a match using "gone in sixty seconds" with the number spelled out like that. When we get a.k.a. titles implemented, this kind of thing will be less of an issue...

Felias

Portal Pro
August 28, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think you probably are linked to the original 19060s version of the movie. Go to the control panel and research for a match using "gone in sixty seconds" with the number spelled out like that. When we get a.k.a. titles implemented, this kind of thing will be less of an issue...

You're right, i justt figured it out... works great now. Now only all the Fansubs are missing... if they are updated then i am happy indeed :)

Amazing work fforde, really love this plugin!

zack84a

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
Once downloaded, fan-art should not disappear. It is saved locally and the location of the local files are saved in the database. The only thing I can think of that would cause a piece of fan-art to disappear is if you deleted the file or if you changed the path to the file in the movie manager in the configuration panel.

Maybe you mean you did a full rescan though? Deleted your database and rebuilt it? If so you might be seeing fewer backdrops, because the posters.consumeroo.com site changed their API. I'll be releasing a minor update to 0.5.3 to fix this later tonight.

hmmm

Something might be up then.....

Because between times the media portal config was never touched.... All that took place was startup and shutdown of media portal, and no files were touched (strictly a media center pc) and new files had been added to that drive.

The way I noticed was that all three Bourne movies had fan art, and now only the last two do. After seeing that, I went through all of them and noticed about 10-20% were missing..

I am willing to rescan and re-enter everything to fully test to see if some type of bug is happening, or test anything else if you would like me to...

I appreciate all the work you are doing, and am willing to help out wherever I can.

EgoManiac

Portal Member
April 11, 2007
Home Country
First off, great plugin! :)

Now for the comments.

1. I have this weird bug, if the movie does not have a cover on movie-xml.com, it matches fine and gets entered into the database fine. After I upload the cover to movie-xml and click "reload cover art" in the config, it downloads it fine. The problem is when I go into MP, the cover art does not display (note: it shows at the bottom but as the icon in the icon view). SO I go back into the plugin config, and the cover art is not shown in the config. I look at my local drive and the image in on the disk. . The only way I could fix this was to click on the "reassign this movie" button but instead of just reloading the movie data, it creates a new entry in the database with the same details. I delete the old entry and go back to MP and the cover art display fine now. sorry that was a big of a long winded description.

2. this is a quick question. I know it scans for new stuff when you restart MP but I have a dedicated HTPC so i rarely restart MP if I don't have to so is there an option to "force rescan" for new stuff within MP (MP-TVSeries has this option)?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Hey, don't apologize for detail Ego, the more detail the better. The first issue seems to be a new bug introduced in 0.5.3. I logged the issue and will try to reproduce and fix it as soon as possible.

As for a full rescan, I think your right I will get that added to the GUI context menu as well.

Both of these issues will take a little time though, right now I am trying to prioritize issues with existing data providers, and support for new ones.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Once downloaded, fan-art should not disappear. It is saved locally and the location of the local files are saved in the database. The only thing I can think of that would cause a piece of fan-art to disappear is if you deleted the file or if you changed the path to the file in the movie manager in the configuration panel.

Maybe you mean you did a full rescan though? Deleted your database and rebuilt it? If so you might be seeing fewer backdrops, because the posters.consumeroo.com site changed their API. I'll be releasing a minor update to 0.5.3 to fix this later tonight.

hmmm

Something might be up then.....

Because between times the media portal config was never touched.... All that took place was startup and shutdown of media portal, and no files were touched (strictly a media center pc) and new files had been added to that drive.

The way I noticed was that all three Bourne movies had fan art, and now only the last two do. After seeing that, I went through all of them and noticed about 10-20% were missing..

I am willing to rescan and re-enter everything to fully test to see if some type of bug is happening, or test anything else if you would like me to...

I appreciate all the work you are doing, and am willing to help out wherever I can.
If you are willing to rescan that would be great, I would look at your logs. Key thing to note though, currently each time you restart MediaPortal the log starts fresh. So if you could try reloading everything from scratch, save off the log then reload again when you are expecting fan art to go missing, then save that log as well, that would be perfect. Thanks for taking the time to help debug the issues. ><

zack84a

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
hmmm definitely inconsistent...

just loaded media portal up, and they were back... I am going to watch the logs, and pay attention to what I might be changing...

Keep up the good work, and will report back if it happens again....

Looking forward to future releases..

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I have slipped out a 0.5.4 release. This basically fixes the posters.consumeroo.com (now meligrove.com) data provider for movie backdrops and sets it as the primary data provider. The code to connect to meligrove.com has been broken since the domain change. This fix should boost the number of backdrops available in the latest version of the plug-in, and it will also result in more backdrops of size 1920x1080. If you prefer higher resolution backdrops, you can delete your backdrop folder and run a full scan (restart MediaPortal). Give it time, it runs in the background, but new fanart will be downloaded, and if 1080p artwork is available from meligrove, it will be given priority. Sorry there is currently no progress bar for the rescan for artwork.

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi, if I use the filmstrip view, the covers always miss a small piece left and right.
    In general I think the filmstrip view doesn't look so well (in comparison with MyVideo).
    But all the rest does :)

TRUGULUM78

Portal Member
    April 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi!
    Is a wonderful plugin,i like it,is fast and easy.
    Only one problem for me,the language of the info.
    How can i do that it search the info in the script filmaffinity(a spanish provider).
    Thanks for all and sorry for my english.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom