Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPatrowic

Portal Member
November 24, 2011
Hey guy I'm pretty new to this. I tried searching and didn't come up with a clear solution. Is it possible to make a boxset group within my movies group? I'm running streamedmp with moving pictures. I have all my movies in .iso in one folder called movies. I'd like to open "movies" and then have a folder in there say "transformers" and have those three .iso in there. Any solutions? TIA

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hey guy I'm pretty new to this. I tried searching and didn't come up with a clear solution. Is it possible to make a boxset group within my movies group? I'm running streamedmp with moving pictures. I have all my movies in .iso in one folder called movies. I'd like to open "movies" and then have a folder in there say "transformers" and have those three .iso in there. Any solutions? TIA

You can use categories inside MovingPictures. So you will be able to add a category "Transformers" and then use a filter that manually adds all related movies, or you can use filters to do it auto, for example use "Title" or "Full Path" or even the "Actors" who played in the movie to have MovingPictures automatically get those Transformer movies in there.

The other option would be to use IMDb+ (link in my signature), it has the ability to rename your titles during import (or refresh existing), and thereby indirectly group all your series together. In the case of Transformers, it would look like:

• Transformers I
    • Transformers II: Revenge of the Fallen
    • Transformers III: Dark of the Moon

You can also 'star' the issue Issue 229 - moving-pictures - Allow grouping of movies in the movie list - A movies plugin for the MediaPortal media center application. - Google Project Hosting which will keep you informed on progress into getting this feature build into MovingPictures.

Enjoy.

MPatrowic

Portal Member
    November 24, 2011
    Thanks, I got it working using the catagories method. I really appreciate the help. The responses on this site is very quick too which is great.

Now I have another question :D

I did a group for the Harry Potter series. When I highlight that folder the "marker" icon to the left has a picture of the character and it also says Harry Potter in its font. The "marker" icon for transformers just says movies.

Why is it like that for HP, and can I get it for Transformers and other series that I add? If not how can I make the HP one normal like the rest.

Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I did a group for the Harry Potter series. When I highlight that folder the "marker" icon to the left has a picture of the character and it also says Harry Potter in its font. The "marker" icon for transformers just says movies.

What you ran into is the custom category image system.

You can put images in your MediaPortal "User Files" -> "skin" folder -> (name of your skin folder) -> "Media" folder -> "Categories" folder.

So you obviously have a "Harry Potter.png" in there, and you just need a "Transformers.png" file now.

There is a seperate thread for that where people share their category images https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/category-image-exchange-74382/

Enjoy.

webcris77

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is there the modality to auto-approve the import when no internet connection is enabled?
    Simply i need to attach an external HDD to my set-top-box with Mediaportal and StreamedMP and i desire to find the films in Moving Pictures plugin even no internet connection has established.
    thanks
    Webcris:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is there the modality to auto-approve the import when no internet connection is enabled?
    Simply i need to attach an external HDD to my set-top-box with Mediaportal and StreamedMP and i desire to find the films in Moving Pictures plugin even no internet connection has established.
    thanks
    Webcris:D

The only way to do that would be to use local-based scrapers.

There is the popular XBMC, mymovies.xml and Embed Media Manager that you can use (if you have the movies imported into MediaPortal MyVideos then you can also use the MyVideos one).

They all however rely on a file to be present alongside your media that contains the info (and seperate artwork files) for a proper import into MovingPictures. There are 3rd party tools you can use on another MovingPictures setup to generate these files. So that will be your problem then, if you insist on importing without an internet connection. You can of course manually create all those local files as well, such as an XBMC compatible NFO file, but seeing as you are able to post here you obviously have access to internet somewhere.

This then also allows you to use your collection easier across other solutions, not only the obvious XBMC client, but also multi-client setups of MovingPictures or standalone devices such as WD Live or WD Hub and Boxee alike.

Ropsu80

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Finland
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Just an idea, would it be possible to filter movies by actor? Would be fun now and then to see all movies that a certain actor has been in :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sure, you can create a dynamic category for actors in the menu editor (button near the top of the GUI Settings config page). The default is to only show actors in 3 or more movies but this can be tweaked in Advanced Settings. This is not enabled by default because for larger databases it can cause things to slow down a bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom