Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietbutcher

Portal Member
February 4, 2007
I was hoping to see the dreaded "Loading Categories" wait time reduced when first clicking on Moving Pictures after loading into Mediaportal after doing a scan in the Moving Pictures Backend, but it seems to be just the same. Do I need to clear any caches or anything after loading the new version to see these improvements?

I do have the Dynamic Actors and Directors Categories and realize this is intensive, but I thought this architecture change would potentially fix this?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Again, the speed enhancements pertain to category transitions in the GUI. Sorry you are having problems with performance on initial load dietbutcher. As I have said previously in this thread I will continue to look for ways to optimize things.

bighick

Portal Pro
July 6, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
But like I said, rating syncing through some of these new websites makes this, for me a bit less of a priority. Any other thoughts on this?
But if your secondary or 3rd HTPC has been unused for a few days/weeks you have to wait for it to do all the searches where if you have a central DB they would always have the same listings (hope that makes sense).

MY #1 at the moment is "Issue 458: Allow scraper scripts to provide "Production Company" information" Assuming that means that I can filter for Disney or Lionsgate or pixar. But I do see it should be out in the next major release.:D

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Again, the speed enhancements pertain to category transitions in the GUI. Sorry you are having problems with performance on initial load dietbutcher. As I have said previously in this thread I will continue to look for ways to optimize things.

I found this thread: could it be useful?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../gpu-accelerated-loading-fanart-images-88588/

Seems like it works for some and not for others (most ones benefitting are nVidia users it seems), I think I'll have a go this weekend. I'm using a AMD E-350 so I'm not sure if it'll help in my case, but it can't hurt. Just have to remind myself to make a backup of all my fanart and databases first :D

Edit:
    I just saw the Issue tracker. I think I'll try it just the same. I wonder how much bigger the files will be. If they double in size and the performance doubles, it would be acceptable.

HiSoC8Y

Portal Member
    December 22, 2010
    Hello

I'm moving from Popcornhour C-200 + YAMJ to MediaPortal.

I have all my data organized (fanart, poster, nfo...etc.). I want to use it with MediaPortal, but I don't want to modify any of those files. Is that possible with Moving Pictures?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hello

I have all my data organized (fanart, poster, nfo...etc.). I want to use it with MediaPortal, but I don't want to modify any of those files. Is that possible with Moving Pictures?

If the NFO files contain the IMDb tt-ID number then just enable the simple NFO scanner option inside MovingPictures. If however they are XBMC compatible NFO files with all the textual info, then set the XMBC scraper at higher priority.

As for fanart/posters, adjust the MovingPictures settings then on what filenames to look for on existing covers/fanarts during import.

If you want to group your movies together on series, then you can also consider using the IMDb+ Scraper that is linked in my signature :cool:

All the textual movie info will be stored in the database folder in movingpictures.db3 file, and all your artwork will be copied (or downloaded when missing) into the 'thumbs\MovingPictures' folder. Both these folders reside in the data folder for MediaPortal.

HiSoC8Y

Portal Member
    December 22, 2010
    Hello

If the NFO files contain the IMDb tt-ID number then just enable the simple NFO scanner option inside MovingPictures. If however they are XBMC compatible NFO files with all the textual info, then set the XMBC scraper at higher priority.

As for fanart/posters, adjust the MovingPictures settings then on what filenames to look for on existing covers/fanarts during import.

If you want to group your movies together on series, then you can also consider using the IMDb+ Scraper that is linked in my signature :cool:

All the textual movie info will be stored in the database folder in movingpictures.db3 file, and all your artwork will be copied (or downloaded when missing) into the 'thumbs\MovingPictures' folder. Both these folders reside in the data folder for MediaPortal.

Hi RoChess,

THanks. But Im trying to find the "simple NFO" option, but can't. Neither there is an option for "XBMC compatible" option.

Can you guide me please? thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi RoChess,

THanks. But Im trying to find the "simple NFO" option, but can't. Neither there is an option for "XBMC compatible" option.

Can you guide me please? thanks.

MediaPortal Configuration -> Plugins -> MovingPictures -> Configure -> Importer Settings:

Here is where u find the options for "Scan movie folder for info files with the following extensions" which enables the simple NFO scanner in combination with the "Force auto-approval based on info file details". The last part meaning that if an IMDb tt-ID is found it is used without questions.

Under "Artwork" is where you can adjust the filenames on what to look for in regards to cover/artwork, so adjust those if your filenames are different.

As for XBMC, click on "Manually manage movie data sources" and then "Movie Details Data Sources" to reveal all the scrapers used, locate the XBMC one and position it at highest priority, but this is *ONLY* for when your NFO files are XBMC NFO compatible, and you should then disable the simple scan for NFO files because it could interfere.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

Question: I have some troubles while scanning, scanning is over and i found out some movies were missing. While going through the movies dir i found out that if a movie has NO year mentioned. Like the movie IT.avi of Floris.avi this movie is not correctly handled and is totaly lost and cannot be found again. Only by entering the year in the name of the dir and filename and moving the dir out and in the scanned dir it get's picked up again by the scanner.
    Can anybody relate to this? Is this a known issue? And how can i easily find these "lost" movies because now i have to go through >500 movies to find the missing ones.

dietbutcher

Portal Member
    February 4, 2007
    Hi Guys,

The developer of FlexRaid would like to know if Moving Pictures supports Shell Notifications. Essentially when you use FlexRaid for for Storage and point Moving Pictures towards that location, it doesn't auto detect when new files are added and autoimport.

He is working on seeing if he can change that, so if there's any other information you can provide that would be great.

Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom