Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi Guys,

The developer of FlexRaid would like to know if Moving Pictures supports Shell Notifications. Essentially when you use FlexRaid for for Storage and point Moving Pictures towards that location, it doesn't auto detect when new files are added and autoimport.

He is working on seeing if he can change that, so if there's any other information you can provide that would be great.

Thanks!

We use the FileSystemWatcher class which I am pretty sure hooks into this subsystem, although admittedly I am not very familiar with Shell Notifications so I could be mistaken. I would be happy to work with the Flexraid developer(s) to move towards a solution though.

And for what it's worth, we have also recently added the ability to auto rescan your collection at a fixed interval or manually trigger a scan from the GUI. A fully automated system is definitely more desirable but for any users looking for a solution now this is an option and is configurable in the config screen.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Hi guys,

Question: I have some troubles while scanning, scanning is over and i found out some movies were missing. While going through the movies dir i found out that if a movie has NO year mentioned. Like the movie IT.avi of Floris.avi this movie is not correctly handled and is totaly lost and cannot be found again. Only by entering the year in the name of the dir and filename and moving the dir out and in the scanned dir it get's picked up again by the scanner.
Can anybody relate to this? Is this a known issue? And how can i easily find these "lost" movies because now i have to go through >500 movies to find the missing ones.

The importer is can only work so much magic, if your filenames donthave enough information to accurately identify the movie you might have to do some manual work. For stuff that doesn't match though click the search button in the importer panel of the config to manually search. You don't have to go and rename all your movies, you can just perform a manual search in the config for the ones that don't match properly.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
But like I said, rating syncing through some of these new websites makes this, for me a bit less of a priority. Any other thoughts on this?
But if your secondary or 3rd HTPC has been unused for a few days/weeks you have to wait for it to do all the searches where if you have a central DB they would always have the same listings (hope that makes sense).

MY #1 at the moment is "Issue 458: Allow scraper scripts to provide "Production Company" information" Assuming that means that I can filter for Disney or Lionsgate or pixar. But I do see it should be out in the next major release.:D

Yes this field is already added in the 1.3 code base. It depends on how much free time I have but I would like to push this out before too much longer. In GUI searching will be really nice plus we need to get something out if for no other reason to fix the IMDb title prefix thing (new IMDb script is here by the way for people that don't want to wait).

Sorry for the triple post. :oops:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released

Hello!
    First of all thank you for your continuous work!
    Is there already a string for "Production Company" so you can use it in .xml files and show in the skin. Or will this come with one of the next releases? I think it is also possible to use logos for "Production Company"?!

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Hi Guys,

The developer of FlexRaid would like to know if Moving Pictures supports Shell Notifications. Essentially when you use FlexRaid for for Storage and point Moving Pictures towards that location, it doesn't auto detect when new files are added and autoimport.

He is working on seeing if he can change that, so if there's any other information you can provide that would be great.

Thanks!

As far as I know MovPic uses FileSystemWatcher to get changes from file system. But it can be also set up to auto scan all import paths every X minutes (in advanced configuration). This will make files on FlexRaid appear in MovPic for sure. But short answer to your question about shell notifications, no :)

Anyhow, not related to question, but I can see one advantage of using shell notifications over FileSystemWatcher: shell notifications do not "lock" the removable drive, with FileSystemWatcher you cannot safely remove it, but with shell notifications you can :)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released

Hello!
    First of all thank you for your continuous work!
    Is there already a string for "Production Company" so you can use it in .xml files and show in the skin. Or will this come with one of the next releases? I think it is also possible to use logos for "Production Company"?!

It will be in 1.3. It's not available in any current release.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thank you!

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is the 1.2beta version compatible with 1.2 RC? Am just checking that my 'key' plugins will work before I look at upgrading!

Thanks

bob808

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi.
    Yes it is. Same for TVSeries and all other plugins without mpei install package.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    One question. I am using a Swedish IP address through my VPN, and hence IMDB assumes that I want Swedish titles for my movies. I want English titles.

The movie descriptions are in English, and MovingPictures is set to retrieve movie data in English. This is only a slight annoyance, as I only import my movies once in a century, and I edit new movies manually, but still.

Thanks for creating the ultimate HTPC experience!

You should definately check out the IMDB+ Scraper offers some great customization in what languages you get. The way I have it set up I get US titles for most movies, but norwegian, swedish and danish movies keep their original names. It also has a greap customization for specific movies so you can set it up to name the James Bond movies James Bond I: "name" and so on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom