Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spenca

Portal Pro
December 19, 2006
Home Country
Austria Austria
Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.1.5 / 1.2.3 Released

I have a strange Problem with the current Moving Pictures Release 1.2.3:
In various movies the tmdb scraper shows me this cover as possibility:
UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami — TMDb

Anyone else? Didn't want to make a Bug Report, because I don't know if it is one, so sorry if I am wrong here :/

Can confirm this strange issue! For all my classical concerts, operas and music this backdrop was scraped :(! The Trackt banner is affected too! I have tried to delete these backdrops, but they will be scraped again :(! I hope, somebody can help!

Best regards

Helios

Hi all!

Same for me! Also tried to delete, but loads it again!

Thanks for help!!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Check the Movie Details page, if you see something else as tt1234567 (such as for example "tt"), then there is a problem with the scraper you are using, which results in random results.

Recreate the problem with scraper-debug log mode enabled, so that it can be examined exactly where it goes wrong and be fixed to avoid future problems.

You can also try the English IMDb+ or German FilmInfo+ scrapers to see if you encounter the same issues then.

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I would like to translate some strings into my language.

Where can I find the strings like: "recently added" "all movies" etc... etc..???

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I would like to translate some strings into my language.

Where can I find the strings like: "recently added" "all movies" etc... etc..???

Normally strings go into the language files such as:

They are installed in the "language/MovingPictures" folder inside your MediaPortal data folder.

However it looks like the Category strings are not made multi-language aware like that. You should create an enhancement request at the Google Code site and ask for this to be included.

In the meantime, open your MovPic config, and adjust the categories, then you should be able to rename the category entries such as "Recently Added" and "All Movies".

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Ok I will try using Mov.pictures configuration.

The strings I want to change are probably included on MP and are common to all skins, as I have same strings no matter which skin I use.

Inside MP I have "FILMES" (PT) and all the sub-menu is in English "all films" recently added" etc.... etc..

EDIT: STRINGS ARE AT MOVING PICTURES-IT WORKED

icarson

June 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi everyone, I added a new movie folder to the movie share on my NAS but movpic can't find it. All the other 655 movies have imported perfectly but this one does not appear no matter how many rescans or unignores I do. Has anyone had this situation? Do I need to hack the DB to remove an ignore flag perhaps?:confused:
    Regards Ian

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi everyone, I added a new movie folder to the movie share on my NAS but movpic can't find it. All the other 655 movies have imported perfectly but this one does not appear no matter how many rescans or unignores I do. Has anyone had this situation? Do I need to hack the DB to remove an ignore flag perhaps?:confused:
    Regards Ian

Are you sure it did not already get added as multi-part to an existing movie?

When you name the files too close to eachoter, they can accidently be picked up as multi-part files.

Without complex SQL commands I can't explain it easy, so you'll have to just switch to file-info move inside Details tab and flip through your collection. If you don't have many multi-part movies in your collection, you can actually find it very fast if you have a keen eye by scrolling very fast through collection and watch for that 2nd line to change.

icarson

June 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi again everyone. That missing movie folder just appeared in movpic. I'm just not patient enough obviously. :sorry:

jasonwc

Portal Pro
    July 4, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I really enjoy using Mediaportal but I've noticed a bug that seems to have started recently and wondered if it's already been reported. Some movies are named inappropriately as "IMDB - Movie Title". For example, the original Transformers movie was scraped by IMDB and shows up in my list of movies as "IMDB - Transformers". I recently had to re-import all of my movies and I noticed this happened with about 20-30 movies. I had to manually change the title and sort by categories. I'm pretty sure this is a recent issue as I didn't have the problem with older builds.

I also noticed another issue after transferring my movies from local disks to network storage. Apparently Mediaportal works fine with UNC paths but not with mapped network drives. I mounted my network drive as Z:\ and added Z:\Movies\. The movies added correctly but the movies are displayed in orange, as if they are on a removable drive that has been disconnected. Attempting to play the movie results in a popup that asks me to connect the drive. If I add the movies as \\SERVER\Movies, I don't have any issues.

I've also had a recurring memory usage issue which I hope you might be able to shed some light on. I'm not sure if it's caused by Mediaportal or if it's actually a memory leak in Windows. Basically, if I import my entire collection of movies (only about 400 movies) into Moving Pictures on ANY x64 version of Windows, the kernel paged memory usage skyrockets until I run out of memory. If I install an x86 version of Windows on the same system, the issue doesn't occur. The reason I think this may be a Windows issue is that the problem occurs where the movies are stored - not necessarily on the system where Mediaportal is being run. For example, I now have about 4 TB of movies stored on a WHS 2011 storage server, and when I ran a moving pictures import on my HTPC, kernel memory usage climbed on the storage server to over 7 GB from about 150-200 MB.

I've now seen this issue on three different systems w/ Mediaportal 1.2 Beta or 1.2 final and various versions of Moving Pictures including 1.2.3:

Desktop
    Core i7 860 2.8 Ghz Quad Core CPU
    Asus P7P55D-E PRO 1156 Motherboard
    4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
    2 x ATI 5850 @ stock
    160 GB Intel X-25 M SSD
    2 TB drive temp storage
    Windows 7 x64 (Issues occurs)/Windows 7 x86 (no issue - same driver versions; all up-to-date)

HTPC
    Core i3 550 @ 3.2 Ghz Dual Core CPU
    GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R 1156 Socket Motherboard
    4 GB DDR 1333 RAM
    Nvidia GT430
    Cruical C300 60 GB SSD
    12 TB of storage (sinced moved to Storage Server)
    Windows 7 x64 (issue occurs); Windows 7 x86 (no issue)

Storage Server:
    Norco RPC-4224 4U Rackmount case with 24 hotswap bays
    Asus P8B WS Workstation Motherboard (Dual Intel 82574L Server NICs)
    Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 SAS Controller
    Core i3-2100 3.2 Ghz 1155 Socket CPU
    8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
    No video card
    WD Black 1 TB for OS
    16 TB for Storage
    WHS 2011 (based on Win Server 2008 R2, only comes in x64 version - issue occurs as described above)

I was hoping you could provide some insight into this issue. If logs would be helpful, tell me what to provide. The memory usage for the Mediaportal process doesn't seem to be the issue. Rather, the problem is that the kernel paged memory skyrockets until there is no more free memory, at which time the system becomes slow and unresponsive, requiring a reboot.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I really enjoy using Mediaportal but I've noticed a bug that seems to have started recently and wondered if it's already been reported. Some movies are named inappropriately as "IMDB - Movie Title". For example, the original Transformers movie was scraped by IMDB and shows up in my list of movies as "IMDB - Transformers". I recently had to re-import all of my movies and I noticed this happened with about 20-30 movies. I had to manually change the title and sort by categories. I'm pretty sure this is a recent issue as I didn't have the problem with older builds.

I had this too on a full rescan When I upgraded my HDD... I thought it was an IMDB naming change. Only occurred on a couple dozen movies.

Chuck

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom