Moving Pictures 1.3.1: Now With Search (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Moving Pictures 1.3: Now With Search

Are we able to put multiple wildcards for the intro video such as: C:\${videocodec}.mkv;C:\${audiocodec}.mkv
Sorry, not at the moment.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

When i try SVN (in october) i get an exception related lucene.net.dll (based on 1337), i will retest with latest version :) Great Work :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

here is an updated Dutch language file.

Cheers

Attachments

• nl.xml
      10.6 KB

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.3: Now With Search

I have a problem with the Media Logos. Today I had record Lord of the Rings. It has Dolby Digital and Stereo nut it shows only the Mpeg2 Media Logo. What is the propblem and how wil be the format detect. Will be the Plugin anlayse the Media File ?

Attachments

• 00-54-59.png
      00-54-59.png
      640.7 KB
    • 00-55-54.png
      00-55-54.png
      418.3 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures 1.3: Now With Search

I have a problem with the Media Logos. Today I had record Lord of the Rings. It has Dolby Digital and Stereo nut it shows only the Mpeg2 Media Logo. What is the propblem and how wil be the format detect. Will be the Plugin anlayse the Media File ?

The MediaInfo DLL is used to analyze the mediafiles, and this data is stored into the MovingPictures database on import.

There are constant new changes made to containers and codecs to which MediaInfo needs to be updated to support. Thankfully you can just download a new version of the 32-bit DLL (it has to match the 32-bit part of MediaPortal even on a 64-bit OS) and replace the one you have currently in use.

But it doesn't look like MediaInfo had problems reading the file totally. So just open MovingPictures config, locate the movie in question and select it in the list. Then on the right side use the drop down to switch to "File Info" and you can verify all the data that MovingPictures stored during import regarding the video resolution, codecs, etc.

This information is pretty much used verbatim by the skins, so "DTS" inside "File Info" simply has to match "Media\Logos\DTS.png". So verify that the file info strings you see for that movie match the images you have in your "Logos" folder for that media.

PS: Pretty sure that StreamedMP skin puts the images into a different folder structure then DefaultWide, so keep that in mind when trying to locate them. Otherwise look at the "movingpictures.mediainfo.xml" file and see what folder structure is used inside the <texture> nodes.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving Pictures 1.3: Now With Search

Thank you, I had found the problem. It is broadcast in AC 3 but only 2 channels. You can see in the picture. But I think this is weird that the Movie is not broadcast in Dolby Digital with 5.1.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      91.8 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Thank you, I had found the problem. It is broadcast in AC 3 but only 2 channels. You can see in the picture. But I think this is weird that the Movie is not broadcast in Dolby Digital with 5.1.

That is actually more normal then you might expect. This is mainly due to limitations imposed by the studio behind the movie that wants as big of a difference as possible between the version broadcast cheap on TV and the one they make a lot of money on sold on BluRay.

It is still watchable, but just enough to still encourage people to buy it again in higher quality.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

The MediaInfo DLL is used to analyze the mediafiles, and this data is stored into the MovingPictures database on import.

There are constant new changes made to containers and codecs to which MediaInfo needs to be updated to support. Thankfully you can just download a new version of the 32-bit DLL (it has to match the 32-bit part of MediaPortal even on a 64-bit OS) and replace the one you have currently in use.

But it doesn't look like MediaInfo had problems reading the file totally. So just open MovingPictures config, locate the movie in question and select it in the list. Then on the right side use the drop down to switch to "File Info" and you can verify all the data that MovingPictures stored during import regarding the video resolution, codecs, etc.

This information is pretty much used verbatim by the skins, so "DTS" inside "File Info" simply has to match "Media\Logos\DTS.png". So verify that the file info strings you see for that movie match the images you have in your "Logos" folder for that media.

PS: Pretty sure that StreamedMP skin puts the images into a different folder structure then DefaultWide, so keep that in mind when trying to locate them. Otherwise look at the "movingpictures.mediainfo.xml" file and see what folder structure is used inside the <texture> nodes.

Where can I always download the latest version of mediainfo.dll?

:D

And I can't find good intro video's.. I'm watching for some short 720P video's for Dolby-D and DTS.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Where can I always download the latest version of mediainfo.dll?

And I can't find good intro video's.. I'm watching for some short 720P video's for Dolby-D and DTS.

Latest MediaInfo @ MediaInfo - Download

Be sure to get the "32-bit" -> DLL -> "without installer", because even on a 64-bit OS you need this as MediaPortal is a 32-bit application.

Wide range of trailers that are specific to video or audio effects @ DTS THX Dolby WMV Movie Distributor VOB Trailers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom