moving pictures and my tv series do not show visual in 1.3 home GUI (1 Viewer)

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I love the 1.3 upgrade! Big improvement on playback quality and no rendering issues anymore.. Just perfect!

I only have Moving Pictures and My TV Series plugins and in the start up (home) screen of MP 1.3 they won't show any image like the standard options do.. see my uploaded image..

Do I need to make any manual settings for this to work on Titan skin to show the Moving Pictures or TV Series visual to work?
    snapshot mp 1.3 home.JPG

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you mean that the background/ fanart image isnt changing? have you installed fanart handler?
    Please check your titan skin settings shown in the screenshot...

Attachments

• titan_background.png
      titan_background.png
      892.2 KB

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you mean that the background/ fanart image isnt changing? have you installed fanart handler?
    Please check your titan skin settings shown in the screenshot...

Thanks for answerering!
    The background is indeed not changing when going through the options in the home screen.. 'Settings' show the wheels in motion, 'Videos' show the lazy chair with the TV screen on the wall, 'Play Disc' shows the disc in close up.. With Moving Pictures and My TV Series I am also used to see the related images in the Background changing. After upgrading to 1.3 it does not show the changing background anymore..

I never had to use fanart handler with either of my previous MP versions to have the changing backgrounds for all of my plugins.. I installed Fan ART handler anyway but it does not make any difference.

Last edited:

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    then use the "default" setting for backgrounds, should work...

Nope. It was on default and is now back on default. Maybe an upgrade bug. I hoped I would not have to use a new install. I always tell to leave my database intact but then I have to do the whole shabang anyway.

Still hope for a solution to this one!

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thats not a database problem....the default background images are stored inside the "skins\titan" folder.
    check if you can find pictures named like hover_mymusic, hover_videos or something...

Attachments

• titan_background2.png
      titan_background2.png
      218.7 KB

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    getting closer here! It shows simular pics in this folder. No Moving Pictures image however and TV series (Breaking Bad) pic is not linked to my TV Series plugin so it seem
    hover pics.JPG
    s.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok i have the same problem if i use the classic home screen, could you change the skin setting to use the basichome instead and see if there is everything fine?
    Has it worked in the previous version of titan/mp within the classichome screen?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Titan does not have image for MPTV_Series and MovingPicutres installed.

To fix (native to skin and not based on plugin), install images in skin/Titan/Media as "hover_my tv series.jpg" and "hover_moving pictuires.jpg" - I picked a couple images I likes from thumbs directories for MPTVSeries (a House MD pic) and MovingPicture (Enemy of the State).

You can go further and use Themes - this is truly cool way of doing things, and allows you modify all sort of things within skin (I have changed or edited all the main background screens, as well as generate a more muted splash/background + a tinkered XML to change how MovingPictures displays movies).

Would recommend you look at creating your own theme, even if it's only to add a couple backdrop.

Cheers - JCMP

rjamesbeen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I only used Titan on MP 1.3.
    With Basic Home I do have the backgrounds changing.. annoying thing is I have big buttons and also Music, Radio and Pictures banners even when I have these plugins disabled in the config settings..

Strange thing: in the TItan folder it seems a TV series picture is available just is not working when I move to My TV Series Plugin.. And I dont see any Moving Pictures pic listed on this hover_x set.

You think this is a bug or simply not finished development of the Titan skin? As it also is not working on your end? Any thoughts how these Music, Radio and Pictures banners are there when the plugins are disabled? That seems more a MP 1.3 issue?[DOUBLEPOST=1364395036][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Titan does not have image for MPTV_Series and MovingPicutres installed.

To fix (native to skin and not based on plugin), install images in skin/Titan/Media as "hover_my tv series.jpg" and "hover_moving pictuires.jpg" - I picked a couple images I likes from thumbs directories for MPTVSeries (a House MD pic) and MovingPicture (Enemy of the State).

You can go further and use Themes - this is truly cool way of doing things, and allows you modify all sort of things within skin (I have changed or edited all the main background screens, as well as generate a more muted splash/background + a tinkered XML to change how MovingPictures displays movies).

Would recommend you look at creating your own theme, even if it's only to add a couple backdrop.

Cheers - JCMP

Just finished my former reply and saw your reply.. I will just do that then.. Choose my own background picture and see how that is working. I do prefer not to use the Basic Home settings and use classic home screen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom