Moving Pictures config crashes from desktop (1 Viewer)

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
February 27, 2011
Hello folks,

I have recently installed a SSD in my media pc and have put a fresh install of Windows 7 on it. I then reinstalled the same version of MP that I had on my HDD Win7 build (MediaPortalMadVRSetup_1.15.0-554 with MadVR) and then used Backup settings to import all the settings from the HDD build.
Everything seems to be working properly, except for the MP configuration. If I launch it from the desktop shortcut, as soon as it has launched and displays the Movie Importer tab, I get a pop-up saying "MovingPicturesConfig Launcher has stopped working". However if I run the Config from the inside MPEI, it loads up fine, and works as expected. It doesn't seem to make any difference if MediaPortal is running or not.

Can anybody enlighten me as to why this might be happening ?

I have attached the MPConfig logs - let me know if there is anything you need that could help resolve this.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Logs are incomplete, so error might be elsewhere that you did not provide logs on (should be a lot more logs in folder).

Also try providing logs for when it "works", as comparison between working/not-working helps to diagnose issues.

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2011
    Bizarrely, it seems to be working from both the desktop and MPEI now, and I haven't even restarted the PC. Hopefully it will stay this way.

Thank you RoChess for taking the time to look at this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom