Moving pictures doesn't remember position.

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by Freethefire, February 11, 2015.

1. Freethefire

Freethefire Portal Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I just did a clean install of windows and mediaportal on my htpc. Since then, Moving pictures doesn't remember the position in not completely watched movies. I've tried to search the forums, but haven't been able to resolve the problem.
    Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated!

(I also have issues with videos in Mytvseries addon. Audio progressivly lags the longer the episodes are played, still trying to resolve this.)

Regards
    Alex

• Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,675 / 2
    Did the clean install also include a freshly created movingpictures.db3 database?

Otherwise examine the database with SQLite tool, and look at the user_movie_settings table, the resume_time column to be exact. Sort it in reverse order, and see if you have any entries at all. Or run a pragma integrity check, to see if you have dbase corruption.

4. Freethefire

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Show System Specs
    Thank you so much for your reply!
    Indeed it did, didn't have so many films. But I will check the database integrity and return shortly.

Edit: the table you mentioned was no where to be found. Anyway, deleted the database and started from scratch, and now I can see the resume data in the correct table.

Thanks again!

Edit: seems I was to fast in my reply. Today the problem is back...

Last edited: February 14, 2015
  5. Freethefire

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Show System Specs
    Haven't had much time to figure out what's wrong with the plugin last couple of days, but it seems to forget resume times when the computer is restarted.
    Also, I have purged the addon from MP and reinstalled with no luck.

• Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  6. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,675 / 2
    Then you are not allowing the database to get closed correct, and it keeps corrupting.

The auto backup/restore script that I posted on the forum would indirectly solve your issues, but you obviously need to locate the source of your corruption.

7. Freethefire

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Show System Specs
    Strange indeed. Never had this problem before. Will continue to search for errors.
    Thank you for your reply!

8. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,675 / 2
    Since it corrupts often for you, search on this forum for my auto backup/restore script then, it at least takes away any headaches when things go sour.

9. Freethefire

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Show System Specs
    Already done! Thanks for your concern :)

10. Freethefire

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Show System Specs
    Soo, i'ts been a while. Switched out the old hdd to one of my ssds, fresh install and my problem still persists :(
    Don't really know where to go from here, been running your script a couple of months now and no difference.
    I always shut down the computer via the shutdown option in Mp. I do however sometimes kill Mp via the top menu drop down menu.

Any ideas would be very appreciated, love your addon!

Edit: appologies for not uploading the logs :(

Edit2: I'm thinking it might have something to do with the closing of Mp. Today I watched half a movie, then shut down Mp and restarted directly. The "time mark" was gone. Is the db open all the time Mp is on?

Last edited: July 6, 2015
  11. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,675 / 2
    MediaPortal needs quite a lot of time to shut everything down correctly and close the databases properly with all the data written, is your PC restarting before that is all done? There are OS settings to adjust the time it waits for processes to complete, and will do a hard-kill if time expires.

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!