Moving pictures doesn't remember position. (1 Viewer)

Freethefire

Portal Member
May 18, 2006
Hi,

I just did a clean install of windows and mediaportal on my htpc. Since then, Moving pictures doesn't remember the position in not completely watched movies. I've tried to search the forums, but haven't been able to resolve the problem.
Any suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated!

(I also have issues with videos in Mytvseries addon. Audio progressivly lags the longer the episodes are played, still trying to resolve this.)

Regards
Alex

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Did the clean install also include a freshly created movingpictures.db3 database?

Otherwise examine the database with SQLite tool, and look at the user_movie_settings table, the resume_time column to be exact. Sort it in reverse order, and see if you have any entries at all. Or run a pragma integrity check, to see if you have dbase corruption.

Freethefire

Portal Member
    May 18, 2006
    Did the clean install also include a freshly created movingpictures.db3 database?

Otherwise examine the database with SQLite tool, and look at the user_movie_settings table, the resume_time column to be exact. Sort it in reverse order, and see if you have any entries at all. Or run a pragma integrity check, to see if you have dbase corruption.

Thank you so much for your reply!
    Indeed it did, didn't have so many films. But I will check the database integrity and return shortly.

Edit: the table you mentioned was no where to be found. Anyway, deleted the database and started from scratch, and now I can see the resume data in the correct table.

Thanks again!

Edit: seems I was to fast in my reply. Today the problem is back...

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Then you are not allowing the database to get closed correct, and it keeps corrupting.

The auto backup/restore script that I posted on the forum would indirectly solve your issues, but you obviously need to locate the source of your corruption.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Since it corrupts often for you, search on this forum for my auto backup/restore script then, it at least takes away any headaches when things go sour.

Freethefire

Portal Member
    May 18, 2006
    Soo, i'ts been a while. Switched out the old hdd to one of my ssds, fresh install and my problem still persists :(
    Don't really know where to go from here, been running your script a couple of months now and no difference.
    I always shut down the computer via the shutdown option in Mp. I do however sometimes kill Mp via the top menu drop down menu.

Any ideas would be very appreciated, love your addon!

Edit: appologies for not uploading the logs :(

Edit2: I'm thinking it might have something to do with the closing of Mp. Today I watched half a movie, then shut down Mp and restarted directly. The "time mark" was gone. Is the db open all the time Mp is on?

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MediaPortal needs quite a lot of time to shut everything down correctly and close the databases properly with all the data written, is your PC restarting before that is all done? There are OS settings to adjust the time it waits for processes to complete, and will do a hard-kill if time expires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom