• June 15, 2007
    Bremen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bad News: enabling EVR = same problem and same error messages :(

clahti

Portal Member
    November 19, 2008
    I seem to recall having some freezing issues a while back, turning off Grouping in the advanced options solved my problem. I am running compiled latest SVN so I am not sure whether the grouping feature is in 0.7.3 so just throwing that out there.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    FYI guys I have reopened this issue on Google Code. Basically a while back when we added the fading backdrop transition, there was a conflict with the renderer in MediaPortal. We do some fancy multi-threaded stuff and MediaPortal was just not setup to handle this kind of behavior very well. I submitted a patch to the MediaPortal guys and the issue was definitely resolved. These new bug reports sound very similar to what was going on though.

So I am not sure sure it's exactly the same thing, but going on that assumption I opened up the old issue on our tracker so we can be sure to get this scheduled and looked at. Sorry for the trouble, and if anyone else is experiencing this problems, the more logs we have, the better.

GeesRiK

September 16, 2009
    I can add 3 other people who have this problem with 0.7.5 moving pictures, and 1.0.2 release of Mediaportal.

All 3 of us have it hang when in moving pictures, and all 3 of us are using onboard intel grfx chipsets (shuttle PC's with onboard HDMI out) when I'm at home tonight I'll get the exact model.

I'm going to try and see if these fixes work (after searching google codes and mediaportal), reading up they should be in the release we are using, but just going to check anyway!

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/need-help-mp-1-0-0-random-crash-vista-54795/index2.html#post382891

Will report back...

gilphilbert

September 26, 2009
    I've also got exactly the same problem. I'm trying to avoid upgrading my graphics card as there's not a lot of space (none, in fact) in my ITX box.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    same problem too, also onboard intel...dont mind slow, just not crash pls :)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Has anybody found a workaround for this? Currently I cannot use either Moving pict. or tvseries as it crashes everytime.

If its a threading issue, why does it only appear for onboard gfx? Are the cards running out of vram thus slowing things down enough to trigger the issue? Would resizing the backdrops help?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can anyone post debug error logs from when this issue was reproduced?

kirky

Portal Member
    April 30, 2006
    Townsville, Oz
    Home Country
    This appears to be the same issue for me too, MovPic v7.5 & MPv1.0.3.23090. It's intermittent and doesn't happen all the time.
    Using XP w/SP3, chipset is AMD 780g (onboard ATI 3200HD - m/board is the Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H)

attached is a debug log of where it hung whilst paging down in Moving Pictures list view. I sometimes get hangs in TV Series too, but haven't dug into that one yet.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom