Moving-Pictures Movie List to HTML (3 Viewers)

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just tried the new version, I get an error when doing an export both to FTP and also just to file ...

Code:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

Are you exporting the "fullpath" customized column? To be sure, click the "default" button in your configuration window. This should solve your problem.

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi every1,

As promised I looked into the FTP bug causing incomplete file uploads and defective movie search. Found the problem and fixed it. I have also created a DETAILS markup file, with a tooltip rollover effect which displays the local file path to all movie files as requested by ppeterr. People who do now want this, can always use the default XML style sheet called "styles.xsl" instead of "styled_detailed.xsl"

Addow, this is excellent. It works great. Thanks for all your hard work.:D:D:D

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you exporting the "fullpath" customized column? To be sure, click the "default" button in your configuration window. This should solve your problem.

Not sure what was going on, but I pressed the "default" option and now all is fine, thanks. FTP is now working great for me. One question, how do I get the tooltips? Where do I hover? Do I need to enable an option?

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Not sure what was going on, but I pressed the "default" option and now all is fine, thanks. FTP is now working great for me. One question, how do I get the tooltips? Where do I hover? Do I need to enable an option?
    Great! To enable the tooltips you'll nned to transform XML with XSL and select the XSL file "styles_detailed.xsl", which is also included in the downloaded archive. You'll display the tooltip on hovering the hard drive icon.

Here is a demo.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Just installed this on a fresh W7 system and 1.1.0beta. MPXML v1.1.1.
    I followed the instructions and ran a manual report and it worked. I then exited and re-entered it, and changed some of the columns in the report. I think the only change I made was to take off the fullpath and videocodec. I hit Save and it closed, so I went back into it and clicked on Manual Export, and got the error.

It will always error if I go back in now and click on Manual Export.

Regards

Dir

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MovingPicturesXML.MovingPicturesXML.MakeXMLMovieList(XmlDocument xDoc, XmlElement xElemRoot)
    at MovingPicturesXML.MovingPicturesXML.MakeXML()
    at MovingPicturesXML.SetupForm.btnForceExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just installed this on a fresh W7 system and 1.1.0beta. MPXML v1.1.1.
    I followed the instructions and ran a manual report and it worked. I then exited and re-entered it, and changed some of the columns in the report. I think the only change I made was to take off the fullpath and videocodec. I hit Save and it closed, so I went back into it and clicked on Manual Export, and got the error.

It will always error if I go back in now and click on Manual Export.

Regards

Dir

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MovingPicturesXML.MovingPicturesXML.MakeXMLMovieList(XmlDocument xDoc, XmlElement xElemRoot)
    at MovingPicturesXML.MovingPicturesXML.MakeXML()
    at MovingPicturesXML.SetupForm.btnForceExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib

Hmm, same cause as a few posts above. I'll have to include an extra check on the selection of "fullpath" checkbox in the customized export. So, you can fix it by selecting "fullpath" again or clicking the "default" button. It doesn't necessarily mean the checked values represent columns in the exported html. They are just included in XML.

So, I will fix this option tonight, because I cannot force you to export the fullpath, do I? :)

Addow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys,

As promised I fixed the irritating null reference bug. Strangely enough I did not notice the bug during bugtesting release 1.1.1, because I did several tests on two different setups. However, the irritating JIT exceptions should be fixed. I did some more GUI enhancements, code optimizations and lots of debugging. Normaliter there should be little bugs left, if so... let me know.

LFalk, I cannot reproduce the "last watched" issue on my own setups. Any information on your situation may help me to find the cause and fix it. Nothing more irritating than unexplainable bugs :)

People with version 1.1.1 installed can download the DDL only archive, since there is nothing changed to the HTML/JS/CSS files. As always, may I ask you to drop your feedback and/or bugs in this topic. If no major bugs are reported, the next release will be 1.2 (with cover export support).

Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.2
    As always you'll find the latest version on the Google Project page or in my signature, but I am making it easy for you, by attaching the links to this post. I recommend you to download the FULL zip package instead of the DLL ONLY package when you are planning to use the included XSL markup files. If you have your own markup, the DLL ONLY version will do fine.

Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.2 - MovieList markup files (javascript, img, css) included in package
    Download MovingPicturesXML 1.1.2 - Process plugin DLL only

Preview MovingPicturesXML 1.1.2
    If you do now know what we are talking about, you can find a preview of the output here.

Version 1.1.2 (Released: 2010/02/15)
    - Bug fixed: non selection of "fullpath" customized column causing exceptions
    - Feature: "detailed" select button next to "default" select button for necessary detailed customized columns
    - Enhancement: GUI rework - toolbar with corresponding functions added, about dialog
    - Enhancement: first time use (help in tooltips, default checkboxes and help messages)
    - User controls: check events, status messages, tooltips, etc
    - Optimizations: refactoring, rewriting inefficient or duplicated code

Version 1.1.1 (Released: 2010/02/14)
    - Feature: tooltip displaying absolute paths to local movie files on rollover hard disk icon
    - Bug fixed: incomplete FTP upload of XML/HTML file.
    - Bug fixed: multiple files for 1 movie are merged in FULLPATH tag in generated XML instead of distinct selection
    - Bug fixed: javascript parsing of html entities in sexy tooltip

Since some people not always find their way through the installation procedure, here is a step-by-step guide:
    DETAILED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the full ZIP archive containing 2 folders from the Google Project page.

2. Extract the "movingpicturesxml" folder, which contains the XML markup files, javascript files, etc.
    to the output directory where you want your list to be, for example "Desktop".

3. Extract the "process" folder to your MediaPortal plugins folder and overwrite contents if asked,
    or extract the plugin DLL itself from the process folder in the archive to the process folder in
    your MediaPortal plugins directory.

4. Load MediaPortal Configuration and enable MovingPicturesXML, which is located under the "process" section

5. When step 4 is finished, manually configure the plugin, which pops up its own window.

6. Configuration options:
    - Check "Save to file", and point the directory below this field to the output folder you created in Step 2.
    By default the output file name should be "Moving-Pictures.html".
    - Check "Make Stats Node", "Make Movie List" and "Customize MovieListXML"
    - Select DEFAULT customized items in the customized export list.
    - Check "Transform XML with XSL" and point to the XSL file extracted in Step 2.

7. Submit by clicking "Manual Export" to test if the html file is created. You can test it by opening it in
    IE, Firefox, Opera or Chrome or by pointing the url in your browser to the local HTML file.

This plugin uses javascript code, developed by other people released under MIT License, so here is a list of people who I would like thank:
    SPECIAL THANKS AND CREDITS TO:
    - Samuel Birch (SortableTable v1.4) - phatfusion : sortableTable
    - Eduardo D. Sada (Sexy Tooltip javascript v1.1 for Mootools) - » Sexy ToolTips
    - Alexander Moore (Nuove LGPL icon set) - famfamfam.com: Home
    - MooTools Developers (MooTools v1.2.3) - MooTools - a compact javascript framework

ppeterr

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2008
    Addow - i want to give you a special Hi-five ! for this great plugin. Thank you very much for all your hard work.
    And that, next to your real busy job (wich sounds interresting - wow man, Dr Addow) :)

it works great, and so cool, that you implented my wish for the location. I'll watch this threath - since i think you
    will come up, with new great stuff.. But for now - i'm really happy. Thx

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey addow

Thanks for your continued work.

I've got a couple of issues with v1.1.2

Firstly, in 'Save to File' I cannot select a folder to output to, the browse box doesn't become active. I can enter text in the box but the file is always exported to the root of C: When I close and reopen the config the folder path is always empty. Currently I am ftp-ing the export to my local webserver (a bit unnecessary).

Secondly, I've modified the .xsl once again. I've used the tooltip function to display the plot of the movie. However, the tooltip doesn't display f the plot contains an apostrophe ( ' ). This obviously is breaking the javascript, is there any chance of this being fixed?

EDIT: I see from the page source here that to escape the apostrophe character a '\' character is required before the apostrophe. Anything ht eplugin can do here by adding this character infront of apostrophes for summary when exporting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom