Moving Pictures not in Home Plugins after 1.12 update (1 Viewer)

dfraga

Portal Member
June 8, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For some reason after the MP 1.12 update Moving Pictures does not show up in the home screen. It seems to have reverted to the default videos plugin, even though it is disabled. If I change the Moving Pictures plugin to Plugins instead of home it works there. I have checked for updates, re-installed Moving Pictures, tried changing various settings in the plugins screen of MP Configuration manager, etc. I can't seem to get it back where it was. The TV Series Plugin did not have this issue after update. Any ideas for what else I might try would be appreciated. Any one else have this issue? Not sure if logs would help for this, but I can get some if needed. Thanks

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You have to adjust MediaPortal to use Moving-Pictures instead of Videos in the skin/gui settings. At least for the Titan skin, but probably others as well. MP-TVSeries has nothing alike bundled with MediaPortal, which is that why that one always works as-is.

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Thanks, I will give it a try. I guess I didn't remember doing that before.[DOUBLEPOST=1437352267][/DOUBLEPOST]Sure enough, that was it. Thanks a bunch!(y)

Nefariam

Portal Member
    June 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I can't see any settings in the Titan skin to point the Videos to the plugin, could you post some screenshots to help me with this please?

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    Nefariam, you have to go into the configuration for Moving Pictures. I am out of town at the moment, so I can't get any screenshots until later tonight or tomorrow. If you go into the Media Portal configuration and go to plugins, select the Moving Pictures plugin. There should be a button for configuration. You can also get to it through the extension manager. Hope this helps. It took a few minutes to figure out when I did it. Remember, the wiki is your friend(y) Good luck!

Ok, here's a screen shot of how to get there. Pick one option from above and follow the red circle. Then you should get to the second screen shot of the actual configuration tool for Moving Pictures. Go to movie importer and point to the location of your content.
    config.jpg
    Importer.jpg

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @dfraga, that is not what they asked for.

@Nefariam, inside MePo GUI -> Plugins -> Settings -> General -> GUI -> Skin -> select Moving-Pictures (default = MyVideos)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't see the relevant setting for this in DefaultWide GUI. Can somebody else confirm but I think this means you cant access MovingPictures from inside DefaultWide skin?

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    @RoChess, perhaps I misunderstood the question. The way I read it was that they couldn't "point the videos (content) to the plugin (Moving Pictures)" from within the GUI. I assumed they had set up Moving Pictures as discussed above and couldn't find any of their videos or a place in the GUI to set them up. Maybe I'm just too much of a noob to try to help:censored:. Either way, hopefully they got what they needed.

@eetaylog, I believe I am using the default wide skin. If so, everything was exactly as RoChess described and is working for me. I will try to double check for you to confirm.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @eetaylog, I thought you were using Titan or alike skin.

DefaultWide should simply have Moving-Pictures shown inside the "Plugins" section. You simply edit the Home/Plugin status of Moving-Pictures to "move" it to the "Home" section.

MediaPortal configuration -> Plugins -> click on "Moving Pictures" -> at the bottom select either "In Home" or "In Plugins" (can also right click the "Moving Pictures" icon entry)

To remove "My Videos" from the home screen, simply edit the "Videos" icon to be "In Plugins".

Does that solve it?

PS: Changing the location/order, you right click "Home" icon -> configuration -> "Menu Setup" tab, and there you can go crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom