1.29.0 Moving Pictures not loading (1 Viewer)

Neoculture

Portal Pro
November 20, 2011
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Fixed it finally: click on (or hover over, depending on you Winsows setup) the Configuration tab in the toold bar. This will bring up a small version of the screen just above the toolbar for you to clock on. DO NOT. Instead, right-clock on it and select the "full window" (or "expand") option.

For some reason, my configuration screen was stuck to either a tiny-cum-invisible size or had been shifted to outside the visible area of the screen. :(

joshyy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have the same problem for a week or so.

And indeed, like Neoculture said above, it is a problem of window size.

If you hover on the taskbar icon then right-click the window thumbnail (for me it was full white, no preview) the choose maximize, the window shows in full screen.

If I try to exit maximize to restore the window to a normal size, it reverts to the invisible state.

Quite a strange bug and if we are more than one to have it, it's probably not a manipulation problem.

I have to state that both mediaportal and moving picture configuration still work without any other problem. For example, it was adding my new films even if I didn't see the window.

--

UPDATE

WARNING If you edit your db, backup it first (copy it elsewhere)

I have found it, the configurator window size/position parameters are stored in the movingpictures.db3 file (for me it's in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\movingpictures.db3)

It's a sqlite database, I edited it with SQLite browser (GitHub - sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser: Official home of the DB Browser for SQLite (DB4S) project. Previously known as "SQLite Database Browser" and "Database Browser for SQLite". Website at:)

In the "settings" table, the configurator size and position parameters are key 184 to 187.

The error in my case was that both x and y positions were -32000. I set them both to something inside the screen (like 150), saved the db, then it worked.

Now it works and if I move/resize the window it saves the new parameters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom