Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
@Johan:
You can do to expert mode in the MP config (top right) then you'll see the Ask before playing setting under DEAMON....

Silly me who managed to get that sentence so easy to be misinterpreted.

I can see the setting "ask before playing" in the configuration but I have not ticked in any checkbox to activate this.
This means that it should not ask before playing.

sskodje

Portal Member
July 14, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
I found a bug i assume is because of this new feature:
Importer Enhancements
The importer will now scan for NFO files in the same folder as a movie file. If an IMDb ID is found it will be used for matching rather than a title/year search. Multi-part match detection has also been improved.

The problem i had was with several movies organized in a folder with a single .NFO file, for example my "alien" folder, and a "alien pack" nfo file. The plugin then matched all files to the first IMDB link in that .nfo (witch contained imdb links to all the movies), and refused to match the rest of the movies correctly until i deleted the .nfo file.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem i had was with several movies organized in a folder with a single .NFO file, for example my "alien" folder, and a "alien pack" nfo file. The plugin then matched all files to the first IMDB link in that .nfo (witch contained imdb links to all the movies), and refused to match the rest of the movies correctly until i deleted the .nfo file.

Can you tell me the filenames of the movies?

note: I will be opening a topic dedicated to bad matching/grouping later.

sskodje

Portal Member
    July 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Can you tell me the filenames of the movies?

note: I will be opening a topic dedicated to bad matching/grouping later.

"Alien Resurrection (1997).avi" and "Alien Directors Cut (1979).mkv", who got matched as "alien 3". After i deleted the .nfo i could re-match them correctly.

Edit: this was the only movies in the folder, alien 3 was not in the folder, only the nfo containing imdb id's for all the alien movies. I know its probably a weird problem, but i do have some complete and partially complete movie packs with one .nfo that contains all movies, and it seems having the nfo locks you out from manually matching :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    "Alien Resurrection (1997).avi" and "Alien Directors Cut (1979).mkv", who got matched as "alien 3". After i deleted the .nfo i could re-match them correctly.

That's odd these files differ to much to be stacked, and it should create a situation where NFO can't be used
    By design it shouldn't use the NFO file when these two files are in the same folder. This could be a bug, can you send me a logfile of when this happened?

i have created an issue for it but i still need to confirm this behaviour.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I tried to add "Con Air" to my database, but the plugin can't download the IMDB data for it. If I move on to another movie that's not automatically approved the download for Con Air stops and the plugin downloads (successfully) the data for that movie. The little "i" icon turns to a green ball, but not with the "v" in it. Con Air of course won't show up in Movie Manager and if I exit the plugin configuration and MP Configuration to try again, the files I wanna associate with Con Air doesn't show up. Anyone else had similar problems with other movies, or this one? I didn't use the "ignore" function for it either.

Other Michael Bay movies work fine. :D
    Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would my current log help you? I don't really know how they work, is the info overwritten with every restart? Because I've restarted MP quite a few times today (not a dedicated HTPC). Oh, and is it the "movingpictures.log", the "Configuration.log" or the "Mediaportal.log" you want?

Sorry for my knowledge that does in fact suck. :p

Edit: The fact that you need my log means you can't recreate the error on your machine using dummy files, right?
    Emph

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Would my current log help you? I don't really know how they work, is the info overwritten with every restart? Because I've restarted MP quite a few times today (not a dedicated HTPC). Oh, and is it the "movingpictures.log", the "Configuration.log" or the "Mediaportal.log" you want?

Sorry for my knowledge that does in fact suck. :p

Edit: The fact that you need my log means you can't recreate the error on your machine using dummy files, right?
    Emph

Yes it overwrites with each restart. And I would need the movingpictures.log and the error.log files. And no I have not tried to reproduce it, I am at my real job right now. What you described sounded like an unhandled exception though, usually when an item on the importer list permanently stalls at the green icon (approved awaiting details), this means the associated scanner thread crashed. In this situation the error is printed to the log which most likely would make the error very easy to identify. Baring a log file, what was the exact file name of the movie?

sskodje

Portal Member
    July 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

That's odd these files differ to much to be stacked, and it should create a situation where NFO can't be used
    By design it shouldn't use the NFO file when these two files are in the same folder. This could be a bug, can you send me a logfile of when this happened?

i have created an issue for it but i still need to confirm this behaviour.

I deleted the database and made a new scan, but this time the match was spot on. I guess it just was a fluke of some sort. The only case i was able to reproduce it, was with only one of the movies in the folder, but i guess thats intentional? Maybe there should be a check, where it rules out the .nfo if there is several imdb links in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom