Moving Pictures Public Beta 0.5.5c (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Covers are found in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\thumbs\movingpictures\something..

Thats for win xp anyways.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It will support anything that MyVideos supports. If Daemon Tools identifies it as an image file and can mount it, it will play. You may have to add the .img extension in the dialog I posted a screen shot of above though.

Hi,
    Nice plugin!

Adding .iso & .img to movie list causes a click twice to play here(also in My Movies), removed the .iso & it plays nice again on first attempt.
    Couldn't you use as MP do, if daemon tools it's configured in mp config add .iso's?

Edit: not had time to read all posts in here so if it's fixed, move on ;)

Regards
    Roy

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Covers are found in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I mean. Only the database becomes corrupt. I want to know where the plugin stores the info on which movie uses which cover, so I can make a backup of these settings as well.

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    then you would just have to do a backup of your database.
    You can use SQLite browser to have a look in your db. In some table (actually movie_info) is a coverfullpath column.
    You will however have to do a complete backup of your db as your unique id's (and thus movie info) can change on a new import...

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    then you would just have to do a backup of your database.
    You can use SQLite browser to have a look in your db. In some table (actually movie_info) is a coverfullpath column.
    You will however have to do a complete backup of your db as your unique id's (and thus movie info) can change on a new import...

The database is just the one .db3 file, right? Ik make a backup of it after a full import, but when my database becomes corrupted and I put the file back, all the info is restored (e.g. translation of japanese titles to english titles) but the covers are missing for a lot of movies. This would mean that when my database becomes corrupted, the thumbs folder also becomes corrupted?

I don't know why it comes corrupted, maybe it is a network timeout and the plugin thinks I don't have the movies anymore and at that point, they're deleted from my database and the thums are deleted as well. Plausible?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To complete restore a working situation you have to:
    backupyour db (movingpictures.db3)
    backup your imagefolders (backdrops and covers)
    backup any movie :D
    (this is not considering the complete MP install btw, just MovPic)

Normally when your db get's corrupted, it does not do anything with your covers/backdrops (as far as I can tell, they are not related, apart from a file path in the db).
    I do not know if any intelligent logic is behind a new instance/copy of an existing db exists... (that's a weird sentence, but I hope it's clear what I mean...)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    To complete restore a working situation you have to:
    backupyour db (movingpictures.db3)
    backup your imagefolders (backdrops and covers)
    backup any movie :D
    (this is not considering the complete MP install btw, just MovPic)

Normally when your db get's corrupted, it does not do anything with your covers/backdrops (as far as I can tell, they are not related, apart from a file path in the db).
    I do not know if any intelligent logic is behind a new instance/copy of an existing db exists... (that's a weird sentence, but I hope it's clear what I mean...)

I don't think it really gets corrupted, I think that mediaportal cannot connect to my share at some point and it clears the database AND the covers folders. When it eventually does connect, it refills itself, but by then it's missing a lot of info. Can't say for sure, but that's my guess. If this is the case I would think the plugin should check if the movie location is accesible before deleting entries. Now I have made a backup/restore script to make it easier to restore my stuff if something goes wrong.

Johan

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't think it really gets corrupted, I think that mediaportal cannot connect to my share at some point and it clears the database AND the covers folders. When it eventually does connect, it refills itself, but by then it's missing a lot of info. Can't say for sure, but that's my guess. If this is the case I would think the plugin should check if the movie location is accesible before deleting entries. Now I have made a backup/restore script to make it easier to restore my stuff if something goes wrong.

That would actually be a good idea I think. Atleast as an option. If a network share is not acessible it should not remove the entries.
    It should only remove the movie if the share is present and the actual file is missing. Sometimes it happens that a network share is down and if this happens when MP is running all my movies gets removed.

And if this happens all the custom covers are lost and I have to manually fix them which of course is a bit annoying.

Is this possible to do?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom