Moving Pictures rebuilds movie list everytime i select all movies (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Just a quick update, the fix for this problem is in place and has been verified by half a dozen people. I have a few additional patches to review and a few scripts to get integrated for the next release but I will push it out as soon as possible. I have family in town this weekend so a new release tentatively looks like the weekend of the 15th. I am horrible with deadlines though so if we miss that please forgive me in advance!

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
looking forward to trying this in the next release too. I have a fairly large collection (>2000 movies) stored locally but added through UNC paths. I notice a long-ish wait (~30 secs?) when first entering the plugin from the main menu. Once the list has loaded, it seems to be fine, and I can re-enter the list with no wait. Does this sound like a symptom of the same issue?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Yes, that's it. Sorry for the slow release, been busy with real life lately. I am busy tomorrow but will try to spend Sunday getting this release finalized.

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
No problem fforde, I think we can allow for real life to intrude once in a while... as long as it's not too often ;) Cheers for your continuing work!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    any hints on a new ETA Fforde?

There is a version available that fixes everything, but it would not be a good thing to release it and then find out it breaks something else. This is why those fresh builds are tested on a much smaller scale first to find out if everything still works and fix those possible problems before mass release.

You are however more then welcome to jump on the #moving-pictures IRC channel on the Freenode network and help us test the new alpha build.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Pretty much what RoChess said. We have a new internal alpha in testing right now. If you are interested in helping with testing, feel free to jump on IRC. Otherwise we should have a release in the near future. I really wanted to get a few more changes in before release but there is some fairly critical stuff already in place so maybe I will shift the rest to a followup release..

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    OK, have had the new version 1.1.5 installed for a while. Whist the general speed within the gui is improved and feels more responsive, I am still finding a slow initialising the first time I enter the plugin from the menu (and it seems slower when launching mediaportal also, on the "loading plugins" stage).

I have >2300 movies and it takes approx 35 seconds to load. Is this normal? I don't want to keep comparing with TVSeries plugin, but I have a very large collection of tv shows and that plugin seems to load very quickly.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Is it every time you enter the plugin or only the first time after restarting MediaPortal?

EDIT: I am extremely surprised that you feel the plugin only feels "more responsive". The changes in place will improve the speed of category transitions by 20x or more. With 2300 movies you should have seen a HUGE improvement.

If your movies are stored locally then this fix will not affect you much.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks fforde. It is only the first time after restarting MediaPortal, after that it is fast. My movies are stored locally (but are added to the plugin through UNC paths).

Would having the movie files all in individual folders make for a longer scanning time than if the files were all in one folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom