Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta] (1 Viewer)

subvertbeats

Portal Member
January 2, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks - no worries at all !
Though I hope my invite will still be valid?

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta]

just saw it on the newsfeed and gave it a try, its very interesting and as far as i saw everything works fine for me for the moment

manuek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

That sounds great because i was looking long time for something like this
    I just found dvdb.com but now its works automatically with my Mediaportal/Moving Pictures (and hopefully soon with My TVSeries ;-) )
    Really great work and i will help to update the database

And there is my first offer: A Trailer in different languages
    Like this:

[English][HD] "youtube URL"
    [German][SD] "youtube URL"

PS: I found it over the Twitter newspost about the interview so keep on feeding ;-)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fatal error

I get this error when syncing....

Code:
    10-Jan-2011 20:50:54 Debug [              Social]: Response received from MPS:  Fatal error: Call to undefined method AchievementModel::considerCollectionBasedAchievements() in /srv/social.moving-pictures.tv/public_html/framework/application/controllers/api/1/api.php on line 370  
    10-Jan-2011 20:50:54 Error [              Social]: Unexpected error synchronizing with Moving Pictures Social! CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcIllFormedXmlException: Response from server does not contain valid XML. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 2, position 1.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcSerializer.DeserializeResponse(Stream stm, Type svcType)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcSerializer.DeserializeResponse(Stream stm, Type svcType)
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.ReadResponse(XmlRpcRequest req, WebResponse webResp, Stream respStm, Type returnType)
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(Object clientObj, MethodInfo mi, Object[] parameters)
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Object[] Parameters)
       at XmlRpcProxy1afe314c-8c31-4864-9280-d3320ec4f83d.AddMoviesToCollectionWithData(MpsMovie[] movies)
       at MovingPicturesSocialAPI.MpsAPI.AddMoviesToCollection(List`1& movies)
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Social.UploadMovieInfo(List`1 movies, ProgressDelegate progress)
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Social.Synchronize(ProgressDelegate progress)

The first 100 have been successful.

DB & full log attached for info if needed.

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      270.7 KB

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re: Fatal error

I get this error when syncing....

Code:
    10-Jan-2011 20:50:54 Debug [              Social]: Response received from MPS:  Fatal error: Call to undefined method AchievementModel::considerCollectionBasedAchievements() in /srv/social.moving-pictures.tv/public_html/framework/application/controllers/api/1/api.php on line 370  
    10-Jan-2011 20:50:54 Error [              Social]: Unexpected error synchronizing with Moving Pictures Social! CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcIllFormedXmlException: Response from server does not contain valid XML. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 2, position 1.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.ReadResponse(XmlRpcRequest req, WebResponse webResp, Stream respStm, Type returnType)
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(Object clientObj, MethodInfo mi, Object[] parameters)
       at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Object[] Parameters)
       at XmlRpcProxy1afe314c-8c31-4864-9280-d3320ec4f83d.AddMoviesToCollectionWithData(MpsMovie[] movies)
       at MovingPicturesSocialAPI.MpsAPI.AddMoviesToCollection(List`1& movies)
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Social.UploadMovieInfo(List`1 movies, ProgressDelegate progress)
       at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.Social.Synchronize(ProgressDelegate progress)

The first 100 have been successful.

DB & full log attached for info if needed.

:oops: Same problem here

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    After playing around with MPS a while I would like to make some comments about usability.

First of all, I'm still not able to sync to MPS correctly. As I'm on a slow Internet Connection (cellphone, the only possibility here) I got a Timeout every time I try to sync. Logs are found in earlier post. In meantime I'm able to have 476 out of roundabout 700 movies from my collection online. This costs me more than one hundred tries. For now I gave up. As there seems to be a solution found it's time for a new MP beta, I think.

The overall speed of MPS isn't too good. Most of the other pages I try to look at are a lot faster (eg. trakt.tv).

I really like the ability to edit movie information. But it's annoying to add reason also I'm only filling holes, add (german) translations,... The "Reason for edit" form should be optional.

And last but not least... I would like to have another menu item on the navbar right below the "Moving pictures social" Logo. An item "Your collection" I'm missing desperately near to "Home" and "Your Profile". Also an individual profile image would be great.

In future I would like to have MPS localized, at least the main languages like French, Spanish, German, Russian, Mandarin,... Maybe this could be done by the community.

Over all MPS is a really great idea. I simply love it.:D

ZealotSix

Portal Pro
    August 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta]

Thanks for the comments Lehmden.

First of all, I'm still not able to sync to MPS correctly. As I'm on a slow Internet Connection (cellphone, the only possibility here) I got a Timeout every time I try to sync.
    Sorry about this. Moving Pictures currently sends movies in batches of 100 when you first sync. The next beta of Moving Pictures will decrease this default, and also make it configurable.

The overall speed of MPS isn't too good. Most of the other pages I try to look at are a lot faster (eg. trakt.tv).
    We're working on this. We just got a new hosting provider, and a new server, which helped quite a bit. The new host also allows us to have more flexibility with what we can install on the server, so we should be able to implement some things to help with speed.

I really like the ability to edit movie information. But it's annoying to add reason also I'm only filling holes, add (german) translations,... The "Reason for edit" form should be optional.

I have entered Issue 151 on our tracker for this. These items will be optional if you have received the Master Editor achievement.

And last but not least... I would like to have another menu item on the navbar right below the "Moving pictures social" Logo. An item "Your collection" I'm missing desperately near to "Home" and "Your Profile".

I'll consider this.

Also an individual profile image would be great.

Avatars will be coming in the next day or two. Issue 111 - Avatars

In future I would like to have MPS localized, at least the main languages like French, Spanish, German, Russian, Mandarin,... Maybe this could be done by the community.

This will also be coming. We wanted to get the site somewhat nailed down before we start asking the community to translate things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom