Moving Pictures Social [Double Secret Beta] (1 Viewer)

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i'm playing a few days now with mp social and i like it a lot.
i'ts easy to share your list with friends and family so they stop asking "what new movies do you got" :D

at first import there where a few doubles but that no big problem.
when i go to mp config and exclude the film i want in the social list it's still in the social list so i have to delete it myself, no big deal, maybe i do it wrong.

But it's a great program and i'm glad i can try it out :D for the work you guys put in to it.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
A couple questions:

1) Even though a member keeps their Movie collection private the movies they own are still in a database that can be searched by other members but the owners of the movie will not be known. Is that correct?

I like to find old and obscure movies and that would be helpful.

2) Is the scraping of this website or using the DB for Moving Pictures DB a possibility in the future ( i saw this question in the thread but didn't see an answer)

3) If at a future date you decide not to use this feature can your info (email & profile) be removed from the website.

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
August 7, 2009
Cirencester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have 2 suggestions... same as mentioned before plus one new one:

1. Allow to set watched flag on MPS and this then updates MP on your system.
2. Show the resolution of the movie in your collection (ex. Bluray or DVD).

Otherwise excellent!!!!

loadme

Portal Pro
January 7, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Since I'm not a big fan of uploading personal information into the non-controlable interweb
(no matter if its my movie collection or my pictures)

I wanted to ask you, if you could provide an offline version?
And if it would need to use php serverside, would it be possible to simply create a list? Searchable and expandable.

The export Tools, i have found yet, lack of a lot features (features that cut the overview in my opinion and thats what i like about the mp social)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Since I'm not a big fan of uploading personal information into the non-controlable interweb
    (no matter if its my movie collection or my pictures)

I wanted to ask you, if you could provide an offline version?
    And if it would need to use php serverside, would it be possible to simply create a list? Searchable and expandable.

The export Tools, i have found yet, lack of a lot features (features that cut the overview in my opinion and thats what i like about the mp social)

Offline version = https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/moving-pictures-movie-list-html-55034/

The XML file can be totally skinned via XST to how you want it to look like. Infact if you scan the thread, you will come across posts of users that share their version.

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    Man, I was just thinking about starting this very project... Awesome.

Just signed up for the beta. I'd be happy to contribute with the website side of things, php, SQL and HTML coding. Let me know if I can be of help.

subvertbeats

Portal Member
    January 2, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi guys

Is MP 1.1.1 beta with MPSocial support compatible with MP 1.2.0 Alpha?

Thanks

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Not at the moment, this has been on my todo list for several weeks. I know people are waiting on a 1.2 compatible version so, sorry guys. I am a bit busy tonight but I will try to push something out tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom