Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If every user adds one Film info this will make a big difference, yes it can take 15-20 minutes to get yourself organised doing so, but then you have the pleasure of knowing others will benefit.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Im already on it...
    also, adding fanart and cover art is a breeze! Almost got 100% of my collection covered...

One thing: about the FAnArt, some are really ugly and low quality (LotR for example), will a rating or filter system be added?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    the_ult
    A little bit down the line I will be adding a feature to allow you to enter unlisted movies. Really though this is intended for home movies and stuff that doesn't really fit on movie-xml.com. For anything that SHOULD be on movie-xml.com, I would recommend, like everyone else suggested, entering the data on the website rather than into the plug-in. If you're gonna manually populate the fields you might as well do it in a place that will benefit everyone.

And for what it's worth if and when zag2me implements uploading art and details to movie-xml via an API, I will enable doing all this directly from the plug-in.

And finally, an IMDB data provider is coming too. Although I think I will be recommending people stick with and support movie-xml.com.

ThaClown:
    For fan-art currently the API for the two data-providers is very basic so you really don't get any meta-data. You submit an imdb tag and it gives you back links to fan-art. As the APIs are enhanced so will the plug-in, so yes eventually I think a rating system is highly likely. Right now though it is not possible.. That being said we will definately be enhancing the fan-art support to be similar to how it works for cover-art in the plug-in now. Multiple backdrops will be auto-downloaded and you will be able to pick which to use in the config or the GUI. This too is a little bit down the line though. The general issue for enhanced fan-art support is here. It will probably get split into several smaller more descriptive issues as implementation of it gets closer though.

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i what folder must i put the files ?

EDIT:

OK, DLL in Plugin Folder (Windows Process), the other files in the Skin Folder (i hope)

is it possible to load automaticly german film description (OFDB)?

EDIT 2:

Bug? i become a error if i load a cover from internet!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
      screenshot.jpg
      119.6 KB

the_ult

Portal Pro
    June 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i what folder must i put the files ?

EDIT:

OK, DLL in Plugin Folder (Windows Process), the other files in the Skin Folder (i hope)

is it possible to load automaticly german film description (OFDB)?

EDIT 2:

Bug? i become a error if i load a cover from internet!
    Just in de windows folder.. Not in Process:

\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

@the_ult
    A little bit down the line I will be adding a feature to allow you to enter unlisted movies. Really though this is intended for home movies and stuff that doesn't really fit on movie-xml.com. For anything that SHOULD be on movie-xml.com, I would recommend, like everyone else suggested, entering the data on the website rather than into the plug-in. If you're gonna manually populate the fields you might as well do it in a place that will benefit everyone.

And for what it's worth if and when zag2me implements uploading art and details to movie-xml via an API, I will enable doing all this directly from the plug-in.

And finally, an IMDB data provider is coming too. Although I think I will be recommending people stick with and support movie-xml.com.

Thanks John.
    Sounds pretty goood.
    Would be cool if MovingPictures could automatically scan imdb.com or an other moviedb (like with MyVideos) when nothing is found on moviesxml.com

The reason why I would like to manually edit or add a movie, is that not every movie correctly handled. Even with these great regex expressions.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @the_ult
    A little bit down the line I will be adding a feature to allow you to enter unlisted movies. Really though this is intended for home movies and stuff that doesn't really fit on movie-xml.com.

Great, now I can have my Fan Edits with correct titles and description included in my "general" directory.

Here's an idea, could there be a filter setting that triggers an edit window for certain keywords? Say you have a folder called "Fan Edits" or "Non-IMDB" where you put stuff you know you'll need to edit?

Emph

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just wondering if you guys know: Will it be possible, to have diferent language on movie-xml.com? Because when I record movies, it is often entered in the EPG with the translated title, and the plugin won't pick this up.
    I know this is possible on thetvdb.com, so just wondering if this was something that was going to happen on movies-xml.com too?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    jonaskp: The folks who run Movie-XML are currently working on adding support for some kind of aka titles. Perhaps that would help you get hits in the database, but for support for different languages like in thetvdb is something you'd have to ask in their forum for I guess.

Emph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom