Moving Pictures - The New Movies Plug-in (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Suggestion: Will this plugin be able to sort movies, so that sequels are next to each other and in the right order?

For example, Pirates of the Caribbean is sorted: At Worlds End, Dead Mans Chest, The Curse of the Black Pearl (because this is alphabetically).
Where I would like it to be in order the movies where released: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Dead Mans Chest, At worlds End.

Another one is Flags of our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima. I would like these to be next to each other, because they are part of a serie.
I know this will not sort the list "correctly" but for me this would be way better.

In myFilms I found out, that I could set "Original Title" (in the database) to: "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima", and then set "Translated Title" (since i didn't use this for anything) to: "Flags of our Fathers 1" and "Flags of our Fathers 2".
Now they would show up right after each other, but I would stille see them named as "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima".

Is this possible? Perhaps this needs some new field on the movies-xml database, say an "Sequel number"-field or something.

For the rest, this plugin is still great. Can't believe why no one has done this a long time ago.

You can set a display name, and a "sort by" name, so yes; you can do the same here. You can have Lord of the rings with the original names, and just sort them by lotr1, lotr2 and lotr3.

sebulator

February 23, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Great initiative, I'm really excited to use this plugin soon!

In what format is the "local database" stored? The reason why I'm asking is because I currently use the MyFilms plugin, which uses a xml database, and I made a python-script which gathered information from imdb and covers from impawards automatically and updated the xml-file for new movies. So a thought maybe I can rewrite this script to update the database for this plugin as well later. But maybe that won't be necessary since you have made the same functionality part of the plugin, but on the other hand I like to update the db from my linux server. How do you determine which movie newly added files should be associated with? I searched newly added directories in my movies folder for a imdb-link inside the nfo-file, which, in my case, is very successful.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Darre: That sounds great, I'm gonna try that when I get home.

fforde: I hope its okay I borrowed the picture on your first post, in a post I made on a danish forum to tell others about the plugin. I don't have any screens of my own setup right now, which is why I used yours:
Link to the site (even though you probably won't understand it, since it's in danish :) ) recordere.dk forum: Nyt Movie Plugin til MediaPortal

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MovingPictures is currently using MP's standard db3, if you read through the thread this may change later, but for simplicity this is being used.

Regards

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    a short summary on the new multi-part detection i implemented for the upcoming release.
    Multi-part detection is only trigged when there is one character difference between filenames (and the files are in the same folder).

The following names will match as multi-part (# = 0-9,a-c):

Simple:

Code:
    <xxx?>cd#<xxx?>.<ext>
    <xxx?>cd #<xxx?>.<ext>
    <xxx?>disk#<xxx?>.<ext>
    <xxx?>disk #<xxx?>.<ext>

will match: movie-cd1.ext, cd1-movie.ext, movie cd 1.ext, movie cdb.ext etc...

other keywords (like cd/disk) can be easily added on request (might change this part of the regexp to be user defineable).

Advanced:

Code:
    <xxx>.<ext> (combined with a <xxx>#.<ext>)
    <xxx>#.<ext> (no space between the part id and the filename)

will match: movie-a.ext, movie-b.ext, movie1.ext, movie.ext (when there's a movie2.ext), moviea.ext, movieb.ext etc..

These advanced matches can be ambigious if you have your sequels named without a space (or dot) between the name of the movie and the sequel number. Will probably make a toggle setting for this.

In general the importer will be smart in deciding wether a foldername can be used to search for the movie or it will use a filtered version of the multi-part filename when there are more movies in the same folder.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    Thanks armandp, i know you have been doing a fair bit of work on the plugin and its really helping to push it along.:D

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just tested moving pictures with Aeon last night and its just great!
    This will be one of those aspects of MP that makes it fantastic!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

an idea for filtering: How about adding a "Find while you type" ability? Like the search forms on ajax websites (ie google suggest). You start to type and the list of movies shrinks with only the items in it matching your search keyword ...
    I don't know how usable this is for remote users, but with my wireless keyboard it would be great.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @Darre: That sounds great, I'm gonna try that when I get home.

@fforde: I hope its okay I borrowed the picture on your first post, in a post I made on a danish forum to tell others about the plugin. I don't have any screens of my own setup right now, which is why I used yours:
    Link to the site (even though you probably won't understand it, since it's in danish :) ) recordere.dk forum: Nyt Movie Plugin til MediaPortal

No problem! Glad to have the additional attention, thanks for spreading the word. :)

Thanks armandp, i know you have been doing a fair bit of work on the plugin and its really helping to push it along.:D

Yeah he has been kicking ass. Working like a machine. :p He deserves a huge thanks!

:D

Hi,

an idea for filtering: How about adding a "Find while you type" ability? Like the search forms on ajax websites (ie google suggest). You start to type and the list of movies shrinks with only the items in it matching your search keyword ...
    I don't know how usable this is for remote users, but with my wireless keyboard it would be great.

This is a really good idea, the only problem is MediaPortal uses various keyboard buttons as commands to interact with the system. For example the "B" button when pressed during playback of any type of media is like pressing the stop button. This can probably be worked around though so I am going to make an issue for the idea so it doesn't get lost.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom