Moving pictures with bigger filmstrip view (1 Viewer)

olli14

Portal Pro
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
when I start moving pictures in filmstrip view and toggle from one movie to the next one I have to wait about 1 second till moving pictures shows the correct movie details, the correct movie cover and anything else. Further: I have a 37" LCD TV and the distance to it is about 3,5m when watching a movie. That's why I would prefer a little bit bigger movie covers shown on the screen. Are there any moving pictures xml files (mods) so that my LCD TV screen looks like the attached image?

olli14

Attachments

• MoPi.jpg
    MoPi.jpg
    237.5 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hello,
    when I start moving pictures in filmstrip view and toggle from one movie to the next one I have to wait about 1 second till moving pictures shows the correct movie details, the correct movie cover and anything else. Further: I have a 37" LCD TV and the distance to it is about 3,5m when watching a movie. That's why I would prefer a little bit bigger movie covers shown on the screen. Are there any moving pictures xml files (mods) so that my LCD TV screen looks like the attached image?

olli14

olli14, the screenshot you have attached was taken from my MOD found here: (MOD - StreamedMP post #62)

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi m3rcury,
    I've installed the files out of your MOD but there is no difference. Moving pictures looks like before. Any help is appreciated!

olli14

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury,
    I've installed the files out of your MOD but there is no difference. Moving pictures looks like before. Any help is appreciated!

olli14

olli14, maybe a silly question from my part. You did unrar in the correct folder, i.e. when you did the unrar, did it inform you that files were being overwritten. This is for me to understand if the MOD was installed in the correct folder, since from your System Information, you are using XP and I did the MOD on Windows 7.

If the install was done correctly, can you clear the cache. This can be done either from StreamedMP BasicHome Editor or by deleting the contents of C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\StreamedMP.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving pictures with bigger filmstrip view

Hello m3rcury,
    :Ds for your fast answer.

I did the unrar and copied the files in the right folder by hand. Windows asked me to overwrite the existing files and I said "yes". And I deleted the cache. I can not imagine that I made a mistake.
    Some ideas?

At the moment attached view for moving pictures I like the most. It's a copy of the CLR skin. About 7 or 8 movie covers shown and the movie details. But what I'm missing here that you nearly can't see the backdrop (or the fanart) of the movie. Is there a chance to get a MOD in this way.

Attachments

• MovingPictureFilmstrip.jpg
      MovingPictureFilmstrip.jpg
      250.4 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Re: AW: Moving pictures with bigger filmstrip view

Hello m3rcury,
    :Ds for your fast answer.

I did the unrar and copied the files in the right folder by hand. Windows asked me to overwrite the existing files and I said "yes". And I deleted the cache. I can not imagine that I made a mistake.
    Some ideas?

At the moment attached view for moving pictures I like the most. It's a copy of the CLR skin. About 7 or 8 movie covers shown and the movie details. But what I'm missing here that you nearly can't see the backdrop (or the fanart) of the movie. Is there a chance to get a MOD in this way.

olli14, in MovingPictures within MediaPortal, from skin settings, you do have Fanart selected as below image

Attachments

• 20-31-41.jpg
      20-31-41.jpg
      57.4 KB

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi m3rcury,
    I would like that Moving pictures looks like in my first post. How can I do this?

olli14

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury,
    I would like that Moving pictures looks like in my first post. How can I do this?

olli14

olli14, if you are using StreamedMP with my MOD, then can you make sure that you choose Filmstrip View in MovingPictures plugin as displayed in the attached picture.

Attachments

• MovingPictures.jpg
      MovingPictures.jpg
      118.5 KB

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi m3rcury,
    yes of course I selected the filmstrip view in Moving pictures plugin. But I don't have any changes. Moving pictures looks like before. I don't underdstand that. When I change the xml files moving pictures should look like in the first post. And I cannot not imagine that your MOD only works with Windows 7. Windows XP SP3 should work too.

olli14

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury,
    yes of course I selected the filmstrip view in Moving pictures plugin. But I don't have any changes. Moving pictures looks like before. I don't underdstand that. When I change the xml files moving pictures should look like in the first post. And I cannot not imagine that your MOD only works with Windows 7. Windows XP SP3 should work too.

olli14

olli14,

you mentioned you have XP. So the skin files, by default should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP. Can you check that the MOD is installed there. If it is easier for you, you can download an EXE installer of the MOD (StreamedMP-1.7.4.3031 MOD) which will allow you to change the installation folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom