MovingPictures: Hang at retrieving details (connection fails) ? (1 Viewer)

makafre

Portal Member
January 5, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello,
After a couple of years without changing the release, MovingPictures is suddenly very slow at retreiving movies details.
I reinstalled everything to the latest version, making sure that all registry, etc, would be removed, but I face
the same problem. I thought it was the anti virus (defender) but I disabled it, along with the firewall.
The retreuving eventually works but it takes like 5 minutes for each movie
It seems that the connection fail from the logs, here is an example:
Connection failed: URL=http://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/tt6140084?api_key=<apikey>&language=en, Status=NotFound, Description=Not Found.
I have attached the log file.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• movingpictures.log
    46 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @makafre that's a 7-min short, which you can add to TMDb yourself, or you could install IMDb+ plugin and have it act as a fallback, although I believe the standard IMDb.com scraper is also fixed.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got the same problems, movie details are not retreived automatic in mepo and i must do of manually in mepo/movingpictures.
    And after 3 or 4 minutes a match wil be found.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @dangerzone, IMDb+ has full Dutch support via MovieMeter.NL proxy and can be mixed with the standard English support, so feel free to compare, but ideally share scraper-debug log files of when things are failing for you so that the original situation can be resolved.

Long delays often indicate that network timeouts are occuring which are set at high times with many retries. Specifically shortened those for IMDb+ to account for more realistic network issues, but the delays can add up quick due to the amount of requests made.

If you've never made scraper-debug log files, there is an explanation on the IMDb+ wiki page, but in short a single movie refresh/import will result in a movingpictures.log file that is 500kB to 1MB in size due to all the HTML source codes included to allow for proper diagnostics. If you end up with a log file that is less than 100kB then you did not activate all the settings.

Also Moving-Pictures is asynchrone and it is a nightmare to debug 5 imports running together, so I always recommend to just wait till MovPic is done with all its background tasks, and then delete all the log files, and then you send one movie back to the importer on which you know you had issues. Then ZIP up that log file and attach it on forum.

PS: Easiest way to find out if all the background tasks are done is to delete the log files every minute, until they stop getting created. Easiest way is to just do it from within Moving-Pictures config, for which a desktop shortcut should have been created on the more recent versions. Be sure to not have MediaPortal running or you'll get database corruption.

PPS: If MovPic does not find a match in 5 seconds or less via IMDb+, then there's an issue.

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the input.
    I will have a Look if i can find that scraper debug Manual.
    Also, i just use the english names and the problems are with all movies and naming is correct.
    Will report back with log files if i find some time :)

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, its not large.
    I add the line <set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="true" />
    And also set scraper enable debug mode in moving pictures settings tab, if there are more setting that i must change please tell me.

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      2.1 KB

makafre

Portal Member
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @makafre that's a 7-min short, which you can add to TMDb yourself, or you could install IMDb+ plugin and have it act as a fallback, although I believe the standard IMDb.com scraper is also fixed.

Thanks for the hint, I believe my example was not good though. Sorry for that. I tried again with only one movie to search for, called "Three to Tango", and it took 5 minutes to get the result (the green icon). Before this all started, I could see the green icons appearing one by one every few seconds but now, I get one or two every 5 minutes or so. It also took nearly 3 days to scan ~2500 movies while before it would take an hour or two maybe?
    I have included the logs for "Three to Tango" can you please have a look and try to see why it is so long. Thank you in advance, this is appreciated!

Attachments

• movingpictures.log
      40.9 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    40kB log file is not the right size, it needs to be 500kB-1MB+ in size to figure out what is causing the delays.

IMDb+ wiki has an article I made on how to get me scraper-debug logs for IMDb+ solution, and if you skip over all the IMDb+ specific instructions then the same applies to IMDb default. Actually check the FAQ on main thread, as I might have updated the article.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, its not large.
    I add the line <set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="true" />
    And also set scraper enable debug mode in moving pictures settings tab, if there are more setting that i must change please tell me.

Is MediaPortal set to log in debug verbosity?
    And verify that the green little icon shows in MovPic scraper-settings to indicate scraper-debug is active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom