MovingPictures Import Export GUI (10 Viewers)

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
June 13, 2011
After loading the database, upon clicking 'List movies' I get this:

upload_2014-8-30_21-55-19.png

This is on a system with 8GB RAM.

*edit* List movies worked on a system with 16GB RAM, but when I click 'Movie Info to Excel' and try to save it, I get:

aZzPQLP.png

Last edited:

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How many movie titles are in your database? And how much memory is the Tool consuming? You can view the memory usage via Windows Task Manager. You might also check if there are other applications consuming large amounts of memory as well. And I assume you're running a 64-bit OS correct?

For comparison, I have about 830 titles in my collection and it processes just fine on Win7 32 bit with 4 GB RAM.

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
1552 titles, and total memory usage shot up to 14-15GB with only a few other minor programs running.
Can you PM me your MovingPicture database file? I don't need the cover art files, just the database with the movies in it. To be honest, I have never processed a movie collection of that size. I way need to adjust the core processing, in that all movies are read into memory then written to files on the export. I will know more after analyzing the data though.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Running it for the first time and I have the same error. I'm running Win7 64 and 8 GB Ram and the database 1575 movies.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage01.jpg
      Zwischenablage01.jpg
      34.8 KB
    • movingpictures.rar
      5.6 MB
    Last edited:

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    OK, I finally figured out the OutOfMemoryException errors, and uploaded the 1.0.11.0 MSI installer.

As it turns out, I was doing a LEFT JOIN on the SCRIPTS table for every movie in the database, which causes the script content to be returned for every movie! I adjusted this processing to load the SCRIPTS table by itself, then do a look-up by ID into the SCRIPTS table to get the script content to resolve the movie script ID and NAME values from. This reduced the memory considerably - using Sea Monkeys database, it took it down from 1.5GB to about 120KB!

Anyway, give it a try and let me know.[DOUBLEPOST=1409772393][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Running it for the first time and I have the same error. I'm running Win7 64 and 8 GB Ram and the database 1575 movies.
    Imzadi - your database is kind of odd, in that you have a ton of "black_list" filters specified, as well as multiple users. The tool handles it, but it is extremely slow due to the amount (113,000+) black list filters. Is there a reason why you have that many black list filters?

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, I'm not aware that there are black list filters. I don't even know where to look for it. Perhaps I will just clear the database and start it fresh.

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    When I click 'Movie Info to Excel' I get a blank spreadsheet with only headers.
    It sounds like the file you exported is empty. Did you select any movies prior to clicking on the "Movie Info to Excel" button?

Try this:
    1) on the "Export" tab, click "Open Database" and select your MovingPictures.db3 database file and click "Open".
    2) click on "List Movies" to list the movie titles contained in your MP database.
    3) click on "Movie Info to Database" to export to Excel.

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    When I click 'Movie Info to Excel' I get a blank spreadsheet with only headers.
    It sounds like the file you exported is empty. Did you select any movies prior to clicking on the "Movie Info to Excel" button?

Try this:
    1) on the "Export" tab, click "Open Database" and select your MovingPictures.db3 database file and click "Open".
    2) click on "List Movies" to list the movie titles contained in your MP database.
    3) click on "Movie Info to Database" to export to Excel.

That's what I did. All of the movies show up when I click List Movies, but the exported Excel file has nothing but headers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom