MovingPictures Import Export GUI (1 Viewer)

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No, I'm not aware that there are black list filters. I don't even know where to look for it. Perhaps I will just clear the database and start it fresh.
I added some code to account for the orphaned black list filters that are appearing in your MP database. I'm still not sure how they got their, but they are there. You also have 2 "Default User" names defined in the "users" table, which is odd as well. I believe this probably happened while upgrading your MP version maybe? not sure ...

Anyway, the version 1.0.12.0 should load your collection considerably faster now.

Give it a try and let me know.[DOUBLEPOST=1409876955][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's what I did. All of the movies show up when I click List Movies, but the exported Excel file has nothing but headers.
What version of Office (or Excel) are you using? The Excel file is generated as an Excel 2003 XML Formatted file. You might try saving the file to disk, open your Excel, then do a File.Open choosing the XML 2003 format.

Give that a try and let me know.

Imzadi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 18, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you. I already deleted the second user and the black list via SQL query. So I hope it's going to work better now.

Edit: Thank you, it's working now.

Last edited:

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    What version of Office (or Excel) are you using? The Excel file is generated as an Excel 2003 XML Formatted file. You might try saving the file to disk, open your Excel, then do a File.Open choosing the XML 2003 format.

Give that a try and let me know.

The generated file is only 13KB.

Data45000

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Here
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Todd,
    I did an additional try but I get the message that Movingpictures version 1.7.2.1582 is not supported.
    Any idea?
    Sorry for the delay, I did not see your original message posted on July 6th. I did receive your PM though.
    I updated the tool to support MovingPictures 1.7, as well as a bug fix with exporting category nodes for white / black filters.
    I have updated the download page.
    Thanks - Todd[DOUBLEPOST=1409191034][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hey there,

i have trouble with Excel 2013. You Dataformat isn't compatible to it. The file is empty.

How i can fix this?

Hi Data45000 - it looks like the file you exported is empty. Did you select any movies prior to clicking on the "Movie Info to Excel" button. For example, do the following:
    1) on the "Export" tab, click "Open Database" and select your MovingPictures.db3 database file and click "Open".
    2) click on "List Movies" to list the movie titles contained in your MP database.
    3) click on "Movie Info to Database" to export to Excel.

Sry forgot this, yes i've done all this.

keep_smile

Portal Member
    July 12, 2010
    Hello,

when I would like to import my backup of the Moving Pictures database, I receive this error message in the attached picture.

Fehler Moving Pictures Import Export GUI.PNG

Is it possible to update the MovingPictures Import Export GUI tool to support the Moving Pictures Version 1.8.0.1607?

Greetings.

keep_smile :)

ShadowB123

Portal Member
    December 14, 2011
    Home Country
    I have found a possible bug with this new version

I did a fresh install of MP 1.9 and the latest version of Moving Pictures.

Starting with an empty (Deleted) Moving Pictures DB
    I than had Moving Pictures import all my movies and I verified that all of the movies were working within Media Portal
    I than installed the latest version of MovingPictures Import Export GUI and I get the following error message.

API7101E - An error accrued while trying to process the "MPXDB Processor_V010501.GetMovieItemsFrom Database" Method
    Column 'mpsid' does not belong to table.

The error message did not display when I tried an old backup of Moving Pictures DB that I had. I only received this error message when starting from a newly created Moving Picture DB and importing it into MovingPictures Import Export GUI.

Has anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    I have found a possible bug with this new version
    Nice catch Shadow! I tested against a database that was upgraded from a previous version, as opposed to a totally new database from a fresh install.

I corrected the problem, and uploaded version 1.0.14.0 for install. It turns out the MovingPictures authors removed the MovieInfo.MpsId column, which was causing the issue.

Please let me know if you find any other issues.

keep_smile

Portal Member
    July 12, 2010
    Thanks for updating this great tool.

With the new version all works fine for me.

Greetings.

keep_smile :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom