MovingPictures networked database (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Is there any way to have a central database for MovingPictures so that clients on a network can access the movie information and pointers from a server machine rather than having to synchronise all the information locally?

I have a server with 300 odd movies and a MovingPictures datbase that i dont really want to have to keep in synch with my two client machines.

Same question goes for TVSeries and Music i guess, though ill have to start the same thread in those forums unless someone can give me an idea in this thread of a solution for those plugins as well?

TIA :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello, for MovingPictures and TVSeries centsrised database support should be coded by someone. However for music as I remember our dev @regeszter did such changes and he have test build

markcar_2000

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2009
    new york
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have 3 clients that all stay in sync by two things i use Ember Media Manager so all the info posters and covers download in the same folder as the movie file. It takes a little work to configure so it only looks there and not online! Then i use trakt the keep the watched state.

I have to find the link to the new guys that took over amber if anyone wants it and it don't break any rules I'll post it

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    +1 for Trakt.

I use it to sync 4 client machines, and also use the website for lists and calendar functions.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    and also use the website for lists and calendar functions.
    you know you can also see that in the Trakt GUI with-in MP as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom