MovingPictures not retrieving movie information (1 Viewer)

effect10

Portal Member
April 1, 2008
My MovingPictures does not import/retrieve mediainfo of new movies. It worked perfectly just a couple days ago. Now it just keeps searching but no possible matches come up? I am using XP ( yeah I know) and the version of MovingPictures is 1.6.2.1556. Can someone please help me with this?

Best regards,

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
Hi,
You did not specify which sites MovingPictures get information: imdb.com, themoviedb.org or other. Check whether the sites are opened in the browser. Themoviedb.org and kinopoisk.ru today worked normally.

effect10

Portal Member
April 1, 2008
Thank you for your reply.
I am using themoviedb.org and imdb.com, however no detection/import.
More stranger is that I also use TVseries which works flawless regarding the info import?
Does anybody has an idea what the problem would be? I am getting very frustrated since my girlfriend keeps asking me to add certain movies.

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
Hi,
I'll try to make some assumptions

1. Sites themoviedb.org and imdb.сom open in the browser normally and you looking for matching in external configurator of MovingPictures, not in the MediaPortal.
2. You are using a very old version of the plugin. Try to update it. The latest version has number 1.8.0. If you do not want to do it, try to update at least sources.
3. The problem with the database file (... ProgramData \ Team MediaPortal \ MediaPortal \ database \ movingpictures.db3). You must have the folder MovingPictures_Backup in ... ProgramData \ Team MediaPortal \ MediaPortal \ database. Previously rename or remove to another location file movingpictures.db3.
Find the file movingpictures.db3 in the folder MovingPictures_Backup with the date, when the plugin worked fine and copy this file to a folder ... ProgramData \ Team MediaPortal \ MediaPortal \ database.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you provide the movingpictures.log files, especially in debug verbosity, then it will tell us exactly what you need to do to fix it.

Otherwise it is a needle in a haystack guessing game.

IMDb.com has gone through many revisions, so you need an updated scraper-script. Another solution would be to switch to the IMDb+ plugin, as it auto-updates the IMDb+ scraper-script to solve those issues.

Another reason for imports to stop working is if your MovPic noise filter got corrupted inside the database, or if it no longer applies to the filename scheme you are using to get a proper string for title search.

Then there are a dozen other issues that could be at play, which once again proves the point of supplying log files if you expect focused help for your issue.

effect10

Portal Member
    April 1, 2008
    Hi guys,

Thank you very much for the response. I have installed IMDB+, unfortunately with no luck.
    Here is a crashfile I get when I try to click on the "binoculars" to input the title name manually.
    I hope someone is able to locate the problem on this?

Attachments

• moving pictures.txt
      23.7 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I added a fix for that particular issue, it would seem your noise filter is null/empty in advanced settings.

To work around issue, you can do the following:
    1. Open MovingPictures configuration
    2. Click on the About tab.
    3. Click on Advanced Settings.
    4. Select Tweaks\Regular Expression Noise Filter.
    5. Enter in the following in the text box:
    Code:
    (([\(\{\[]|\b)((576|720|1080)[pi]|dir(ectors )?cut|dvd([r59]|rip|scr(eener)?)|(avc)?hd|wmv|ntsc|pal|mpeg|dsr|r[1-5]|bd[59]|dts|ac3|blu(-)?ray|[hp]dtv|stv|hddvd|xvid|divx|x264|dxva|(?-i)FEST[Ii]VAL|L[iI]M[iI]TED|[WF]S|PROPER|REPACK|RER[Ii]P|REAL|RETA[Ii]L|EXTENDED|REMASTERED|UNRATED|CHRONO|THEATR[Ii]CAL|DC|SE|UNCUT|[Ii]NTERNAL|[DS]UBBED)([\]\)\}]|\b)(-[^\s]+$)?)
    6. Click on Update.
    7. Close the configuration.

If that doesn't fix your issue, you probably have a corrupt database and it would be worth just deleting it:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database.db3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom