MovPicNFO (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MKVMerge did the trick for me. I no longer have stacked files. ;)

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have another question about this tool.

If you have VIDEO_TS folders, the correct path to the NFO file should be:

Movie Folder\
    AUDIO_TS
    VIDEO_TS
    Movie Name.nfo

The tool currently produces an nfo file (with the %Filename%.nfo naming) here:

Movie Folder\
    AUDIO_TS
    VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.nfo

This is problematic, as there are several files in the VIDEO_TS folder named VIDEO_TS (VIDEO_TS.IFO, VIDEO_TS.VOB, VIDEO_TS.BUP) without any hint of which file should be the playback file. With most media playback devices, the VIDEO_TS folder is considered the correct item.

Perhaps the correct output name would be %Filename%%Fileextension%.nfo, producing a VIDEO_TS.IFO.nfo file? But I don't think that's supported, and I also don't think any importer will understand this logic. Moving Pictures will import VIDEO_TS files correctly, but My Videos will not unless the correct file path is part of the NFO.

Thoughts?
    Emph

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hey Emph ,
    i think MovPicNfo, should work liek this :
    Movie Folder\
    AUDIO_TS
    VIDEO_TS
    <Movie Name Folder>.nfo

or maybe
    Movie.nfo, but should be on DVD root, not inside Video_ts.

dqv69

Portal Member
    December 8, 2008
    Hi, and thx for your work,
    I'd like to know if some one already use your soft to migrate from moving Pictures to XBMC ?
    I have about 1000 movies in my NAS, and I want to try XBMC, bu i'd like to keek my view movie information.
    If someone can give me his experience, i 'll apreciate
    THX.

octane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2005
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    Is there any way to run this as a command line and schedule it to run at specific intervals? I don't want to run it manually.

Best Regards

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Worked like a charm! Thanks, now I feel more safe. With 2341 movies, and some private made, it would be a hard time to get all back with the same settings if the database would get corrupt.

A question, will this also work with the My TVseries plugin? E.g. if I manually put in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Database\TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 as "Moving pictures Database", or is there a similar tool for My TVseries plugin?

I have 189 ordinary series + own "series" with 5875 episodes that I would like make a backup of, like normal series, personal vacation "movies/series" and educational series (like Photoshop courses etc) with fanart and watched status that I would like to save.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    will this also work with the My TVseries plugin?
    No and it will never, if you ask me. This is asked from users since 2008 but the authors of TVSeries don't like this, so it has the lowest thinkable priority - means this never will be happen.

But it only will take some weeks until the .nfo Support for movies and series is available in MP2. The movies part is working already here on my local test system and the series part is based on the movies part, so not that much work to finalize this.

For pure backup purposes you also can make a copy of the tvseries database and keep it on a safe place.

Ballermann

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2011
    Im Norden :)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since last update to MePo 1.11.0.0 and MovingPictures 1.8.0.1607
    I recognized in MovPics MovieManager the possibility to choose the category (maybe I have been blind before? o_O ) , what is very helpful, especially the option to list recently added movies :D!

Is there a chance to implement the option of choosing categories in MovPicInfo, too? Always exporting the whole working directory or searching for the last added movs is not so comfortable / the best way, I think!

Thanks in advance! :)

eriksdam

Portal Member
    June 2, 2009
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am currently making the transition from MP to Kodi, and this plug-in seems the best (only?) alternative to manually renaming everything to fit to Kodi's naming conventions. Everything seems to work, movie-info, fanart and covers get exported, but only the movie info is recognised automatically by Kodi.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How did you name the Files? When i switched from MePo to Kodi i renamed my files in this way:

Terminator 2 - Tag der Abrechnung (1991)-fanart.jpg
    Terminator 2 - Tag der Abrechnung (1991)-poster.jpg
    Terminator 2 - Tag der Abrechnung (1991).mkv
    Terminator 2 - Tag der Abrechnung (1991).nfo

Btw. the import will mess up the categories because MePo and Kodi seem to manage them diffently. Didnt fixed that till now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom