MovPicNFO (1 Viewer)

eriksdam

Portal Member
June 2, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
The problem is probably the renaming, which I was trying to avoid. I use the following method:
Filename - (IMDB number) (quality) ex.:Terminator 2 - Judgment day (tt0103064) (REMUX)

This works perfectly in MP, and the movies also get recognised correctly in Kodi via the NFO. I was just hoping that as long as the filename and the poster/fanart name stayed the same it would get recognised too.

EDIT: will try the "-": I was using the "_" and see if it makes a difference!

Thanks!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The accepted format is outlined very detailed @ http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

That is only needed when you expect Kodi to recognize the movie for its own import system. When you use NFO files it changes everything, as there is no need to re-obtain the information (the NFO can contain all the textual information, and artwork is simply seperate)

Important thing to keep in mind is that XBMC/Kodi can match the NFO file to the media file, as that one contains everything for a flawless off-line import (otherwise Kodi would import via their scraper-script system). It can technically be called "movie.mp4" with "movie.nfo", but that the NFO file contains the actual info that it is "Avatar (2009)". More details on that are available at: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies

The benefit of the filenaming that you used is that you do not need to have all those NFO files if all they contain is the IMDb tt-ID reference, but that still requires an on-line import then. And that is what MovPicNFO can assist with in ensuring that the NFO files contain everything that Kodi needs exported from the Moving-Pictures database that already did the on-line importing. The problem is sometimes that syntax evolves, so keep a close tab to ensure that the files generated for your collection are still valid for the Kodi version that you use.

PS: For example I do not know if MovPicNFO supports clear="true" attribute yet, which for me is critical in moving/updating. Of course it is easy to manage that with third party tools, but you get the idea.

Last edited:

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi. I noticed a missing export from the "collections"-field for the

Sadly it's not only "collections" Field wich is missing.:(
    If I'm right at moment the following fields are being exported
    <title>
    <sorttitle>
    <originaltitle>
    <rating>
    <year>
    <plot>
    <tagline>
    <runtime>
    <mpaa>
    <language>
    <id>
    <director>
    <studios>
    <watched>
    <genre>
    <actor>
    <writer>

So there is missing fields like "mpaa" and all the file info fields (duration, codec, frame and so on...) :(
    Is there any chance to get this - is anybody able to develop this?
    Or is there (meanwhile) another tool that is better in exporting db to NFO? :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @joEhSuper well duration would be <runtime>, and things like codec are handled by the MediaInfo processing on the mediafile itself which is a super quick off-line process. The important part is that all the fields are stored that would otherwise result in a scraper-script being forced to make an online connection to obtain the data from a site such as imdb.com to scrape things, and possibly overwrite custom changes.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Anyone able to explain whats going wrong here? I have my movies on a network drive which is mapped on this machine to X: but it's complaining about the path. If I follow the path in windows explorer it is working fine so not sure what it's problem is.. I tried running the app as administrator, not sure what else to do.

Thanks

Code:
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.429886 [Info]: 
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.445484 [Info]: Exporting Data...
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.476441 [Info]: Export Movie info file: True, %Filename%.nfo
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.483439 [Info]: Export imdb info file: False, imdbid.txt
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.490441 [Info]: Export watch status file: False, %Filename%.WatchStatus.xml
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.498234 [Debug]: 
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.498234 [Debug]: Title: 28 Weeks Later
    2016-04-24 18:56:38.645830 [Error]: [CreateNfoFile] Exception err:Could not find a part of the path 'X:\Movies\28 Weeks Later (2007)\28 Weeks Later (2007).nfo'. stack:   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
       at MovPicNFO.MovPicNFO.CreateNfoFile(String filename, Int32 idMovie)
    2016-04-24 18:56:39.007631 [Info]: Export successful ...

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Haven't been in the mp game for quite some time but as far as I know network drives are always bringing up some problems. Way to go would be to use the share's unc path.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well it works fine enough for the last couple of years with MovingPictures this way. I'm so frustrated right now I'm about ready to install Kodi and sack all this off!

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Been there... No harm done by having a look at kodi. I have them both running on my htpc and like to switch between them for different features.
    But... In my experience kodi does bring at least as much hassle as mp. So trying to switch to unc pathes should be done in a couple of minutes. Just backup your current database before doing so. If something goes wrong just restore it and then think about bigger steps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom