MovPicNFO (3 Viewers)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The whole point of wanting to do this is to carry my existing movpics database over.. its like 1800 elements, many I had to manually import as scraper wouldn't find matches. To have to change path now would mean doing all this again :/ I found MovingPictures Import Export GUI, creates the files in X: no problem! but will not name them by the medias filename which seems a requirement of MP2. Bad day today - everything is so painful lol :(

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bad... If you already have exported the metadata into xmls you should have a look at tinymediamanager. Have it read your existing movies with the data then switch to moviename.xml in the settings and have it write the files again...[DOUBLEPOST=1461523422][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: I meant nfos.
    And by doing that your collection will be readable for MP1, Mp2 and kodi...

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Anyone able to explain whats going wrong here? I have my movies on a network drive which is mapped on this machine to X: but it's complaining about the path. If I follow the path in windows explorer it is working fine so not sure what it's problem is.. I tried running the app as administrator, not sure what else to do.

I had this issue too after installing a new client, because my NAS had a GUEST account that's allowed any client to browse the network without logging on to the NAS. Turning that off prompted Windows to ask for a user login when accessing my NAS from my client computer, and I could finally specify what user to connect to the NAS with. This was the solution to all of my issues with write permissions on this new client that I'd never encountered with the old one.

Emph

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't replicate this. My media is on windows server. It has no guest account. The accounts on the server are the same as client users on the local machines. It connects with the credentials the active user is logged in with. I guess the movpicnfo app is not running as 'me' and doesn't provide functionality to provide a login.

Tiny media manager :) Read my movingpictures.nfos and wrote them back as filename.nfo :) Thanks Luca Brasi!

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you want to make it work within movpic you could move your existing db out of the db folder. movpic will generate a new one when starting its config. There you select xbmc/kodi as data provider and enter the unc path. The scan will take a couple of min. From there you can export your data again.

Edit: Bad idea! MovPic will not get data out of movie.nfo. Apparently it needs moviename.nfo as well...

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I use mapped paths all the time, but I do verify the path is functional before I allow MediaPortal to launch.

Verify in a command line that the mapped path is available, when you use Explorer GUI it might be "created" in that moment, and when you have a password protected share that is being mapped this will cause issues for Moving-Pictures if that has not transpired before it is launched.

This is what I use myself when my HTPC is started:

Code:
    :NoNetwork
       IF NOT EXIST "X:\Dummy.txt" NET USE X: /DELETE
       IF NOT EXIST "X:\Dummy.txt" NET USE X: "\\SERVER\UNC Path" /PERSISTENT:YES
       IF NOT EXIST "X:\Dummy.txt" ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 5000
       IF NOT EXIST "X:\Dummy.txt" Goto NoNetwork
       CALL MediaPortal.Backup.cmd

smarty12345

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Personally, I do all my nfo creation work for movies on my main desktop (using MovPicNFO), then move them over the network to the storage drives. The the htpcs all scrape from the local folders only.
    I have always found when working on Windows applications, Mapped drive letters are flakey for pointing to. Always better to use the UNC paths. So when I changed my library over from local storage to networks locations, (over 2000 films at the time), I used a SQL application to edit the paths in the database directly rather than rescrape the entire lot again.

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just used it on the 1600 Movies in my Collection which are stored on my NAS.
    Worked great, except that it show unresponsive while doing its Task and Win 7 thought it was crashed. Didn't touch it and after some Minutes it showed the success Message.

I think that will change my Workflow. From now on i will scrape New Movies with FilmInfo+ on my Workstation, than let MovPicNFO do everything with the NFO, Covers etc. and than i will move it on my unRaid Server so my HTPC's can scrape the new Stuff with the XBMC Scraper.

I feel very dumb, but cannot see how to select "all" my files for export? It must be something simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom