MP 0.2.0.5 - When? (1 Viewer)

ziphnor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Using the SVN is not dangerous at all, just make a backup of your MP directory and install the SVN update, its automated by an installer now. After that, you try and see if it works or not :)

But then again, this comes from someone who is currently running with my own homebrewn patch for PowerScheduler (it is in the patch queue though :)

NLS

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    /me doesn't like the new "when 2.0.x is coming" that was born along with stable patches...

...people, just wait for it

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok... if 0.2.0.5 is not released in the near future, then I'll have a go on the SVN.
    0.2.0.5 will be a mayor sync with most svn parts as it will have almost every latest addition like Now Playing, Music Videos, Wikipedia, the database improvements, etc etc.
    I'm just waiting for a little bug to be fixed then it will go into final testing. Expect it in around a week ;-)

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    0.2.0.5 will be a mayor sync with most svn parts as it will have almost every latest addition like Now Playing, Music Videos, Wikipedia, the database improvements, etc etc.
    I'm just waiting for a little bug to be fixed then it will go into final testing. Expect it in around a week ;-)

A loooong week.....

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Guys/Gals,

Considering 0.2.0.5 is going to be a "major sync" as rtv - the creator of the stable updates - already mentioned, please understand that this involves a sh*tload of work (not to mention testing). And, as time passes by, new things (bugs) get discovered and changes are being done to SVN at the same time. So what earlier seemed to take a week could be totally different the next day. Oh, and don't forget how fast free time sometimes passes by quickly.

Please bear in mind that asking about or commenting on when the next update will be available might demotivate the dev in question. If that in turn would lead to no updates at all then it's back to waiting for release versions (maybe some can still remember what the interval of those were).

Kind regards,
    Michel

Glith

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I didnt intend to sound so negative.. I believe the devs are working as hard as they can.
    However it is nice to get some info about the progress once and a while.. =)

Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks guys!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah, current progress is good. We're busy testing the BASS engine and want to get it in there as well (Most likely without Visualization support for the first release).

Since the stable patch is "needed" for some competition MP will be part in soon it won't be another month ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom