MP 0.2.0.5 - When? (3 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Oh so glad i did not say that.

Might think it, but then i'm a engineer, and know there is nothing idiot proof out there.

Merry christmas:D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    LoL... also:
    " Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"
    - Albert Einstein

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    I like "always assume the user is an idiot, that way when you come across the one in a million who isn't you're pleasantly surprised" OR "always assume that the user is an idiot that way you're never disappointed when you're assumptions prove correct."

tkortell

Portal Pro
    April 13, 2005
    Vaasa / Sulva
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Some programmers think that it is possible to make some software "idiot-proof" but the problem is that then someone release a new version of "idiot"

Regards / Tomas

addey

October 17, 2006
    Home Country
    'owdy MPers,

I'm guessing the devs who get notices of new posts to certain threads they're watching are going to initially groan at the notice of another post in this thread 'oh no, someone else buggin us to hurry with the next update/release.' Well, 'tis a pleasant surprise to be had....

I'm in no hurry for the next update because I've actually gone so far as to completely stop using the ComproDTV2 software that came with my VideoMate DVB-T200A card, since MediaPortal (as it is right now) blows it right out of the water!

For one thing, ComproDTV2 maybe a lean and fast app, it is somewhat vulnerable to I/O activity causing lots of glitches in the video making recording anything very pointless. MP being a rather large app (I think this is one instance where 'bloatware' has no place here) is so much more stable the video glitches from I/O activity is so rare in comparison.

MP right now feels like it ought to be 0.9.x.x so close to the first point release. At 0.2.1.0 now, I have to assume there's so much more planned for MP.... currently looking around for any clues of 'features' that are planned for MP. Heck with all the features it has now, even Windows MCE just can't compare with what MP is capable of. I'm in the process of figuring out a PayPal account to donate towards this project :)

Have I inflated the devs egos yet? Congrats on such a fine app... everyone else, patience will pay off. Trust me :)

Alvinder

Portal Pro
    May 19, 2006
    Hi Guys,

MediaPortal-update-0.2.0.4.exe update has a date and time stamp of 2006-10-17 16:03.

Just wondering if this is the next update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom