MP 1.0.1.0 skins freeze every 8 seconds (2 Viewers)

hanfmaster

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
graz
Home Country
Austria Austria
hi

have the same problem.
at the moment i am visiting my mom so i do not have my server htpc near me.

but i am using mediaportal on my laptop so i had to disable radio and TV plugin.

and because even at home the server is not running 24/7 but i use the client to liston to music or watsh movies i don't need MP to freeze every 7 sec. on the client i do not have tv-server installed so i can not enter a password.

can somebody help my to :)

jjrbg

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
hi

have the same problem.
at the moment i am visiting my mom so i do not have my server htpc near me.

but i am using mediaportal on my laptop so i had to disable radio and TV plugin.

and because even at home the server is not running 24/7 but i use the client to liston to music or watsh movies i don't need MP to freeze every 7 sec. on the client i do not have tv-server installed so i can not enter a password.

can somebody help my to :)

hanfmaster,
see replies #6 and #7. Also, see my thread at Freezing/Jerky Menu Navigation - MediaPortal Forum

Entering the DB password in TV-Client Configuration should solve your problem - it did for me! :)

e_razor

Portal Member
July 21, 2006
Home Country
Norway Norway
Confirmed, entering tvserver db password indeed fixes this problem. The reason for me getting this bug at all, i like to set up mediaportal with basic functionality and check that it works before i start configuring tv server and more advanced features. So i reinstalled like 3 times before i found out about this bug... :p

thorcyar

Portal Member
January 15, 2009
disagree the "fixed state"

any devs got any ideas on what it might be

As no one is posting logs how should one get any ideas about
what's going wrong ?

I have to pinpoint you to my thread, where I posted logs for a very similar behavior : freezes when tv server is not configured in mediaportal client.

Except that in multiseat, the problem still occurs because the DB CAN be unreachable when the tv server is off.

For me it is absolutely not fixed, i would be pleased to see some devs investigate the issue

uli_vergan

Portal Member
March 15, 2008
Not Fixed

TV-Server Version: 1.0.2.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2.
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide 1.0.1.0
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3 + All Updates
CPU Type: AMD Phenom Q9500 QUAD Core
HDD: 640GB Western Digital Black Series 32MB Cache SATA
Memory: 4GB DDR-667Mhz (2 x 2GB Sticks
Motherboard: MSI 7367
Video Card: NVidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
Video Card Driver: Forceware 185.85
Sound Card: Realtek HD (on-board MSI)
Sound Card AC3: Realtek HD (on-board MSI)
Sound Card Driver: 10/2008
1. TV Card: Compro E800F PCI-E
1. TV Card Type: Analogue + Digital Combo
1. TV Card Driver: Latest Compro-USA Web Site
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Tried them All! - Currently NVidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Tried them All! - Currently NVidia
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A
HTPC Case: Generic
Cooling: 2 x 120mm Outputs + 1 x 120mm Input
Power Supply: Thermaltake ATX 550W
Remote: Microsoft Original
TV: Samsung 52" LCD 1020x1920 Full-HD
TV - HTPC Connection: D-SUB

Hi all - Same problem - I have entered the correct password into MP server config - but freezes still occur?

Ever since Version 1 (Now running 1.02) I have been experiencing lock-ups and mini-freezes (5 secs or so) when navigating in any of the MP menus.

There are several other posts where users have had the same issue and have solved it by entering the SQL password "MediaPortal" into the TV-SERVER Config. This has not solved the problem for me. The TV-SERVER functions correctly, and I can connect to the config OK, and watch TV in MP.

I have somewhat diagnosed the error - if I enter a "Wrong" TV-SERVER host name in the MP Client Config (I obviously can't watch TV), but the rest of MediaPortal runs fine - no menu freezes. As soon as I add the correct MP-SERVER host name the menu freezes start - MP still functions, just really slowly.

I have tried everything I can think of, but are at a dead end. The issues appears to be the communication between the MP client and the TV-SERVER (which are on the same PC) - I Just cant put my finger on it. Any help would be much appreciated.

MP 1.0.2 (Default Install - Single PC)

Farhope

Portal Member
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For me, this issue is still not fixed and is driving me crazy. Everything is working as long as TV server is awake. When the TV server is awake I have a fully functioning TVserver setup. But as soon the TV server goes into S3 sleep, the MP client is lagging like hell or even worse (no response on controls when playing a DVD). When I wake the server immidialtely everything is working fine again.

Maybe someone has a solution for this. (MP 1.0.2)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom