MP 1.0.1 not responding when recording tv using TVE (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TV-Server Version: n/a TVE
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
    MediaPortal Skin: aMPed 1.1
    Windows Version: Vista Ultimate 32 bit
    CPU Type: Intel Core2Duo 2.4GHz E6600
    HDD: Seagate 500GB, 300GB, 250GB
    Memory: Kingston 2GB 1067 Mhz
    Motherboard: Intel DG965WHMKR
    Video Card: Nvidia 8600 GTS
    Video Card Driver: 175.16
    Sound Card: Sigmatel 7.1
    Sound Card Driver: Intel IDT 6.10.5713.7
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 MCE kit
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 2.0.48.25037
    MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Klite Codec Pack 434 Full
    h.264 Video Codec: FFDshow
    Cooling: CoolerMaster
    Power Supply: CoolerMaster 600W
    Remote: MCE R6
    TV: Aiwa CT202 20" (720x576)
    TV - HTPC Connection: Composite

After installing MP 1.0.1 when I record any TV using the inbuilt TV Engine, either scheduled or using Record Now, MP stops responding. The recording starts but MP immediately 'freezes' and will not accept any input. After about 30 secs the TV image will show on the screen in MyTV but still will not accept any input from remote or keyboard, or mouse.

Timeshifting also automatically switches to on when I start recording, although I have it turned off in Configuration.

A recorded file does get created in my recordings folder. And when I reload MP it restarts the recording and freezes again. I have to go into Configuration and turn off recording on my tv card, reload MP and delete the scheduled recording.

Task Manager reports MP as not responding. All I can do then is close MP using Alt-F4 or Task Manager.

I have tried various codecs, all with the same results.

I am not alone, as I found this problem reported in other forums and not fully resolved. See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ortal-1-0-1-not-recording-timeshifting-58126/

For that matter, MyTV screen does not appear for 2-5 seconds when I first load it. It used to be instant. And this is in all skins including Blue3. And channel changing takes much longer. It used to take less than a second in MP 1.0 and previous verisons. In MP 1.0.1 it takes more than 3 seconds.

Log/error files attached. Hope someone can help!

marcsulf

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am having the same problem

TV-Server Version: n/a TVE
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.1
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 2.67GHz
    HDD: WD 250GB 7200rpm PATA
    Memory: 1GB DDR 400 CL 3
    Motherboard: Intel 845GRG
    Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5500
    Video Card Driver: 4.0.100.1190
    Sound Card: Built in to MB (SoundMAX)
    Sound Card Driver: Intel
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150MCE
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 3.4D1
    MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDshow
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDshow
    h.264 Video Codec: FFDshow
    Remote: Microsoft MCE ver. 2
    TV: Toshiba CZ27V51
    TV - HTPC Connection: S-Video

I have the exact same problem described by Dadeo. I just installed 1.0.1 today, and I tried going to My TV while a show was recording, and the system seemed to lock up. After a short time, I could see the show, but the system would not accept any input. Rebooting and restarting MP, I fould that I could use any other function of Media Portal except for My TV and Recorded Programs. Trying to go to My TV resulted as described above, and Going straight to Recorded Programs (by clicking that button on the MCE remote) results in an immediate crash of MediaPortal. I verified this behavior several times.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Internal TVEngine is broken in 1.0.1, either use TVServer or wait for 1.0.2 release, where it is fixed.

Please try the TVServer option, as the inbuilt tvengine will be removed in the near future.

Regards

marcsulf

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Home Country
    Bit the bullet

OK, so I finally succumbed to the pressure (since it was either that or roll back to MP 1.0 and lose all my settings) and installed the TV Server. It certainly wasn't as straightforward as the inbuilt TV engine, but after a couple of hours I got it working, with a few big caveats:

1. My IR blasting is no longer working. This is a major problem, since I rely on my STB for many of my programs. I had been using my MCE remote with the MCE replacement plugin, but now that is not working at all. I'm thinking now that I am going to have to go through the hastle of installing the IR Server Suite on my machine now, but after reading about some problems people are having with that using MP 1.0.1, I'm a little gun-shy about trying it.
    2. My EPG is no longer working. I had it perfectly set up using WebEPG, and I was easily able to add the TV-Server stations using the WebEPG-config program. WebEPG works perfectly and creates the TVguide.xml file, and that has all the right data in it, but when I configured the XMLTV plugin in TV-Server to go to that directory and pull the use that file to populate the guide, it says that TVguide.xml is not there. But it is there, so I'm at a loss.
    3. TV Server does not allow you to shut off timeshifting. I occasionally feed an RF-remote controlled signal into my HTPC from a box in another room, and the lag created by the timeshift function is annoying when using the RF remote. With the in-built engine, I simply turned off timeshifting whenever I used that video source. With TV-Server, that is not an option.

If anyone has any solutions to the above problems, I'm all ears. I've been poring over the forums and have a few leads, but since (as always) nobody has quite the same set-up as I do, answers are not so easy to find. And, of course, I have my wife asking me why I decided to "fix" something that wasn't broken, and I have no good answer for her...

marcsulf

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Home Country
    OK, so after another several hours, an installation of IR Server Suite Test Build 1.4.2.2627, and a little bit of beating my head on a wall, I now have problems 1 and 2 solved. Thanks to and-81 for a great software package. I think there is no real solution for number 3, so I'll just have to live with it. :confused:

On the whole, I do like the smoothness of MP1.0.1 with TV-Server1.0.1 better, and I don't have to use the Hauppauge Tweaker Tool to adjust the brightness/contrast, which is nice. On the whole, I'm sure in the long run I will be happy with the switch, even if making it was painful.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for reporting your expereince marcsulf, it's enough to give me pause. I still don't get why I have to install server software on a single seat system. And sqlserver never accepts the password for me! I tried TVServer with MP 1.0 and it took 5 secs to change channels on my analog card, so that's a deal breaker for me. I will test it out again when I have a chance. But at least now I know it will take me a couple of days work. Thanks!

marcsulf

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Home Country
    I had the exact same problem with SQLExpress not accepting my password. I finally just went to add/remove programs and removed all traces of SQLExpress and then re-installed it. After that, it took my password the very first time. Weird, but at least it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom