MP 1.1.0, FireDTV, Resume from standby, no TV after some days (1 Viewer)

flodav

Portal Member
November 3, 2008
Home Country
France France
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide
Windows Version: Win7 32 bits
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FireDTV DVB-T with CAM PowerCAM
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Terratec Cinergy
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I have issues with standby and my fireDTV (CAM inside). After a certain number of standby, I cannot watch anymore TV channels coming from my fireDTV (those are scrambled channels). The only workaround I have found is to disconnect my fireDTV from the mains before the PC is waking up.

Can it be an issue with FireDTV firmware version or driver version ? It was working fine before on WinXP & MP1.0.2.
On Win7, I use the legacy IEEE1394 driver as recommended in the fireDTV installation notes

Does anyone have the same setup as mine without issues ?

Could someone look at the logs I provide in this post and tell me what is wrong ?

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP 1.1.0, FireDTV, Resume from standby, no TV after some days

or use MpStandbyhandler and restart the HW-device after standby.
    I had this issue, too.

However, I think there is an issue with Mpsh and win7, I think you need to check the respective forum.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008

Do you use Powerscheduler?
    Go to Advanced. Check/Enable "Reinitialize service on wakeup".

Go to "General". Set the delay in seconds before TVServer detects the card to 10 seconds.

Works like a charm here. I also had problems that there is no TV after a standby. With these settings I never had this issue again. I also have a FireDTV.

flodav

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Restart the PC at night.

Thanks,

Restarting the PC doesn't solve the issue, I have to restart the FireDTV HW by unplugging/plugging it to the mains

or use MpStandbyhandler and restart the HW-device after standby.
    I had this issue, too.

However, I think there is an issue with Mpsh and win7, I think you need to check the respective forum.

Yes, restart the HW-Device is exactly what I do by plugging-unplugging the mains. I will check this tool. Thanks.

Do you use Powerscheduler?
    Go to Advanced. Check/Enable "Reinitialize service on wakeup".

Go to "General". Set the delay in seconds before TVServer detects the card to 10 seconds.

Works like a charm here. I also had problems that there is no TV after a standby. With these settings I never had this issue again. I also have a FireDTV.

Hi,

I already have "Reinitialize service on wakeup" checked.

I tried in the past the delay settings without any success: the fireDTV is always recognized at startup (see the logs). For me everything seems to be fine, but after locking with success, no PAT/PMT is coming to tvserver. If I reset the HW device, then it works like a charm for a couple of days, then breaks again

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008

Instead of using standby you can also use hibernation. Have you tried it yet?

flodav

Portal Member
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re: AW: MP 1.1.0, FireDTV, Resume from standby, no TV after some days

Instead of using standby you can also use hibernation. Have you tried it yet?

Indeed, I don't use "S3 standby" (standby to memory), but "hibernate" (standby to DD)

I'm really wondering if it is a SW issue or a HW issue with my fireDTV or my CAM, that's why I would like to have hints to understand the problem

lhcomputer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Lüdinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I already have "Reinitialize service on wakeup" checked.

I tried in the past the delay settings without any success: the fireDTV is always recognized at startup (see the logs). For me everything seems to be fine, but after locking with success, no PAT/PMT is coming to tvserver. If I reset the HW device, then it works like a charm for a couple of days, then breaks again

I THink this is the best setting. I take the same settings in all MP 1.1 Version. It´s work perfect.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    i have the fireDTV firewire tv device and i use the MCE remote to set it to standby(S3) and it works a treat ...almost instantanious TV when i come out of standby

dangerzone

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2009
    delft
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    strange.

I also have problems with my firedtv, but my system is on 27/7 no sleep,standby or hibernate. only a reboot now and then.
    but after a few days the card is just not recognized by mp. unplug en plug in is the only thing to get it actief again.

The card is running in my "main" pc, just for the recordings, after editing the recordings i copy them to the htpc machine in the livingroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom