MP 1.12, HD HomeRun Prime, Unknown Error, Unable to start graph (1 Viewer)

Gulidad

Portal Member
December 31, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm new to MP. Have had it running for a couple of weeks now, and it's been using my HD HomeRun Prime quite well.

MP was working with the HomeRun when over the holidays I was going to be away, so I turned off my HTPC. Left the HomeRun on. When I got back and turned the HTPC on again, I am now unable to tune to any channels, and previously-working recordings don't work any more. I get "Unknown Error" in the dialog box, and the TVService-Error log shows "Unable to start graph."

Logs from the watchdog are attached. There actually should be four tests there.

First, I stopped the server, cleared the logs and restarted the server. (I have the old logs, if you need them.)

* At 6:14 am I did a "Start TimeShift" from Manual Control in the TV Server Config app.
* At 6:23 am I did the same thing.
* At 6:43 am I did another Start TimeShift. This time the message in the dialog box was "All cards are busy".
* Then I finally read a post about how to use the WatchDog. So at 7:26 am I followed the instructions, and in the MP client I tried to tune to a channel. I got the "Unknown Error" dialog in the client.

During each of the tests I watched the lights on the HD HomeRun Prime, and each of the tuner lights turned green, then went out, in succession before the "Unknown Error" dialog popped up.

Logs are attached. Any insight or instructions would be most welcome!

And, thanks in advance.

-- Edgar

Gulidad

Portal Member
December 31, 2015
Home Country
Wow! That was quick. And thanks for the welcome. It's a pleasure to be here.

Not that I remember. The attached file is a screen print of my "Plugins" section from the TV Server config. Would it show up there if I had?

At one point I tried enabling "Media Portal IPTV filter and url source splitter", because I saw error messages in the log that seemed to point there. It didn't make any difference, so I un-enabled it.

Also, I've experimented with Kodi as a client, and I did install the HDHomeRun add-on in Kodi, if that would make a difference.

-- Edgar

Attachments

• Plugins.jpg
    Plugins.jpg
    130.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Not that I remember. The attached file is a screen print of my "Plugins" section from the TV Server config. Would it show up there if I had?
    No, it wouldn't show there because it's a MediaPortal plugin, not a TV Server plugin.

At one point I tried enabling "Media Portal IPTV filter and url source splitter", because I saw error messages in the log that seemed to point there. It didn't make any difference, so I un-enabled it.
    Okay. That plugin could be the cause of your problems.

Like the OnlineVideos plugin which I asked about, the Media Portal IPTV filter and url source splitter plugin installs a replacement for the component which TV Server uses to receive the stream from your tuner. That component is the one which appears to be "broken" right now.

Disabling (un-enabling) the plugin would not be sufficient to revert all the changes introduced by the plugin. You actually need to uninstall it fully.

Also, I've experimented with Kodi as a client, and I did install the HDHomeRun add-on in Kodi, if that would make a difference.
    Experimenting with Kodi is fine. It isn't causing the current problem. You just have to remember not to try to use MediaPortal's TV Server and the Kodi HDHR at the same time. They can and will interfere with each other. I'd recommend to reboot/power-cycle your HDHR when switching between the two.

Gulidad

Portal Member
    December 31, 2015
    Home Country
    Oops. Looks like the answer should have been "Yes."

I looked in the Extension Manager, and there it was, "Online Videos v2.1.0.0".

Screen print is attached.

Sorry for missing this the first time.

-- Edgar[DOUBLEPOST=1451571218][/DOUBLEPOST]Doggone, you're good!!!

I uninstalled the Media Portal IPTV filter and url source splitter, unplugged and restarted the HDHR, and stopped and started the TV Server.

Working perfectly now!

Thanks very, very much!

It helps to go to the experts.

-- Edgar

Attachments

• Extension Manager.jpg
      Extension Manager.jpg
      68.7 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No worries. :)

This makes the situation a bit trickier, because OnlineVideos needs the replaced version of the component I mentioned.

Are you able to remember whether the problems might have started after installing either the "OnlineVideos" or "MediaPortal IPTV filter and URL source splitter" plugins?
    Do you actually need/want the OnlineVideos plugin?

@georgius
    This problem looks similar to the one reported here (IPTV filter error code 0xFFFFFFEC):
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-tv-just-stopped-working.132380/

In both cases an HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuner is involved. The tuner's stream is received using RTSP + RTP.

Gulidad

Portal Member
    December 31, 2015
    Home Country
    My impression is that it was working after I installed both of those plug-ins. It seems to me that it was working immediately before I turned the machine off for my holiday trip, and wasn't working immediately after I turned it back on. I can be certain that it was working as of 12/23 at 9:00 am, because a scheduled recording came in perfectly. We left for the trip at about noon that day, and I was at work that morning, so I'm pretty certain I didn't make any changes that morning.

I can't be absolutely certain of that, though.

I haven't actually tried any online videos yet, but I expect it's something I'd like to be able to do.

I'm reading through the link you sent. Probably take a little bit for me to grok it, but I'll get there. attachFull173901

I'll send more as I get it.

Thanks again.

-- Edgar[DOUBLEPOST=1451579018][/DOUBLEPOST]Hi again,

Here's some of that "more" that I said I'd send.

Chalk up another one for a failing memory. I looked in what I think is the MP Extensions directory,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

and lo-and-behold, there's a subdirectory named "Online Videos" that's dated ... you guessed it! ... 12/23/2015 at 9:45 am. (Looks like I was playing around that morning, after all.)

Anyway, if I interpret that finding correctly, it looks like I did install the Online Videos plug-in after the final good recording, which means that it was very probably the origin of my troubles.

Hope that's helpful.

-- Edgar

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-31_10-33-24.png
      upload_2015-12-31_10-33-24.png
      95 bytes
    Last edited:

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    No worries. :)

This makes the situation a bit trickier, because OnlineVideos needs the replaced version of the component I mentioned.

Are you able to remember whether the problems might have started after installing either the "OnlineVideos" or "MediaPortal IPTV filter and URL source splitter" plugins?
    Do you actually need/want the OnlineVideos plugin?

@georgius
    This problem looks similar to the one reported here (IPTV filter error code 0xFFFFFFEC):
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-tv-just-stopped-working.132380/

In both cases an HDHomeRun PRIME CableCARD tuner is involved. The tuner's stream is received using RTSP + RTP.
    It seems to be same problem. I think that I will add some switch to force generating timestamps to stream, because it is required for filter.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It seems to be same problem. I think that I will add some switch to force generating timestamps to stream, because it is required for filter.
    Can you help me understand the situation? I thought that CableCARD tuners worked fine with your merged filter. Did you make a change related to "timestamps" which has caused the problem?

[edit: To be clear, I prefer that the filter does not change the stream at all if the format is MPEG 2 TS.]

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Can you help me understand the situation? I thought that CableCARD tuners worked fine with your merged filter. Did you make a change related to "timestamps" which has caused the problem?

[edit: To be clear, I prefer that the filter does not change the stream at all if the format is MPEG 2 TS.]
    This "timestamp" thing is in filter very long time. Maybe something changed in CableCARD tuners. RTP packet timestamps are needed only for splitting stream into fragments. MPEG2 TS stream is not changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom