MP 1.15.0 refuses to do timed recordings

Discussion in 'General Support' started by GlamRockCowboy, July 8, 2016.

1. GlamRockCowboy

GlamRockCowboy Portal Pro

Retired
    Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Hello again! (SIGH!):( After carefully mapping dozens of cableCARD channels to my HDHomeRUN PRIME tuner, I hoped against hope that I would FINALLY be able to record some programs in peace--but no such luck! I am positive that I have NOT changed ANY of the settings that MM helped me with over the past several days (for which help I am VERY grateful, I might add!). Since both of these recordings were scheduled to take place during periods when I was in bed asleep, I was unable to do any screenshots. Does anyone have any suggestions, advice, etc.?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GlamRockCowboy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    After my first message MP 1.15 managed to do some sort of timed recording--for about 15 seconds--then the video and sound both stopped. HOWEVER, the system seemed to keep recording for several hours beyond what I had specified! I had to stop the recording manually. Hopefully, the attached logs will provide some sort of useful information!

4. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You again! :LOL:

YOur server log is full of these messages:
    This continues until the end of the log
    [/quote]
    [2016-07-09 01:44:40,772] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record did not succeed (trying again in 1 min.) WKRN 0234 Justice Network 7/8/2016 1:48:03 PM-7/8/2016 2:00:00 PM Cold Case Files[/quote]

I have never come across anything similar before., so I am not sure what the reason is and I don't believe it is MediaPortal itself.

Looking at the Windows event logs, I can see an application WeatherBug.exe, which cause the system to run out of memory.
    No idea if this is related, but you could try and remove this application from your system to see if changes something.

I can also see messages like
    This is relatively severe: the system is losing connectivity to its browsing resources, which would cause network connections to be dropped. Indeed the TV server responds with
    It looks as if your complete network environment is not working as it should.

5. GlamRockCowboy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    OK. I've removed WeatherBug, at least for now. Part of the problem may lie in the fact that my motherboard will only hold up to 4 GB of RAM, and I do have it fully populated. What diagnostics can I run to check my network environment?

6. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    That's enough memory.

How many PCs do you have in your network? One of them is the master browser. So to start with open an explorer window and in the address bar, type:

\\COMPUTER-NAME (e.g. \\TOM), and hit Enter.

Repeat this for each computer. If am right, you should experience issues doing this.

Then
    • Open a command window
    • Type net view
    • You'll get a list of computer names in the format \\COMPUTER-NAME
    • For each name in the list, type nbtstat -a COMPUTER-NAME
    One of the results will have a MSBROWSE in it. The respective computer is the master browser in your network. Is this computer up and running?

I assume that you have created a workgroup or a home group, have you? In this case each network adapter on every workgroup member machine should have the Client for Microsoft Networks adapter installed. Open Network and Sharing Center, click on Change Adapter Settings, right-click on your network adapter and select Properties. Tick Client for Microsoft Networks and try again.

7. GlamRockCowboy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I only have a desktop, which is my primary computer, where I have MP 1.15 installed. I also have an older Dell laptop, which I use occasionally, and which I have connected to my router via Ethernet cable, so that I can download Windows 10 updates for the laptop as needed. Should I disconnect it? Anyhow, nbtstat does show for DESKTOP that MSBROWSE is "Registered." Also, "Client for Microsoft Networks" is showing a checkmark in the box. Oh. one other thing: I did have a Bluetooth dongle plugged in to one of my front panel USB slots, but I have since removed it. Could this have caused some sort of problem as well?

Attached Files:

8. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I don't know. But you could just delete the Bluetooth adaptor entry in the network settings to be sure that it does not interfere in any way.

9. GlamRockCowboy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I could not find an actual Bluetooth entry as such in the network setings. However, my Windows 10 setup is now in "Airplane Mode," which disables all wireless communications..

10. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,403 / 22
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    If nbtstat shows it, it must be there. If it is not visible, I would say that your whole Windows setup is kind od shaky.

That should be completely irrelevant.

Your desktop would support a clean Windows install.

11. GlamRockCowboy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I did install a driver for the Bluetooth adapter, so there should be something there. Oh, and by the way--MP 1 is recording right now!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!