MP 1.15.0 refuses to do timed recordings (1 Viewer)

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
October 25, 2015
Fairview, TN (ca. 20 mi. SSW of Nashville)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello again! (SIGH!):( After carefully mapping dozens of cableCARD channels to my HDHomeRUN PRIME tuner, I hoped against hope that I would FINALLY be able to record some programs in peace--but no such luck! I am positive that I have NOT changed ANY of the settings that MM helped me with over the past several days (for which help I am VERY grateful, I might add!). Since both of these recordings were scheduled to take place during periods when I was in bed asleep, I was unable to do any screenshots. Does anyone have any suggestions, advice, etc.?

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
October 25, 2015
Home Country
After my first message MP 1.15 managed to do some sort of timed recording--for about 15 seconds--then the video and sound both stopped. HOWEVER, the system seemed to keep recording for several hours beyond what I had specified! I had to stop the recording manually. Hopefully, the attached logs will provide some sort of useful information!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You again! :LOL:

YOur server log is full of these messages:
    [2016-07-08 18:15:24,850] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record WKRN 0234 Justice Network 7/8/2016 1:48:03 PM-7/8/2016 2:00:00 PM Cold Case Files
    [2016-07-08 18:15:24,856] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record did not succeed (trying again in 1 min.) WKRN 0234 Justice Network 7/8/2016 1:48:03 PM-7/8/2016 2:00:00 PM Cold Case Files
    This continues until the end of the log
    [/quote]
    [2016-07-09 01:44:40,772] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: stop record did not succeed (trying again in 1 min.) WKRN 0234 Justice Network 7/8/2016 1:48:03 PM-7/8/2016 2:00:00 PM Cold Case Files[/quote]

I have never come across anything similar before., so I am not sure what the reason is and I don't believe it is MediaPortal itself.

Looking at the Windows event logs, I can see an application WeatherBug.exe, which cause the system to run out of memory.
    Problem signature: P1: WeatherBug.exe P2: 1.0.0.0 P3: 5421f1f2 P4: PresentationCore P5: 4.6.1080.0 P6: 570c5fa5 P7: 547d P8: 13 P9: System.OutOfMemoryException
    No idea if this is related, but you could try and remove this application from your system to see if changes something.

I can also see messages like
    The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{7367D5A1-6300-471F-BD58-E9CA6A04516B} because a master browser was stopped.
    This is relatively severe: the system is losing connectivity to its browsing resources, which would cause network connections to be dropped. Indeed the TV server responds with
    [2016-07-08 21:00:30,011] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - card: unable to connect to slave controller at:Desktop

It looks as if your complete network environment is not working as it should.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Part of the problem may lie in the fact that my motherboard will only hold up to 4 GB of RAM
    That's enough memory.

What diagnostics can I run to check my network environment?
    How many PCs do you have in your network? One of them is the master browser. So to start with open an explorer window and in the address bar, type:

\\COMPUTER-NAME (e.g. \\TOM), and hit Enter.

Repeat this for each computer. If am right, you should experience issues doing this.

Then
    • Open a command window
    • Type net view
    • You'll get a list of computer names in the format \\COMPUTER-NAME
    • For each name in the list, type nbtstat -a COMPUTER-NAME
    One of the results will have a MSBROWSE in it. The respective computer is the master browser in your network. Is this computer up and running?

I assume that you have created a workgroup or a home group, have you? In this case each network adapter on every workgroup member machine should have the Client for Microsoft Networks adapter installed. Open Network and Sharing Center, click on Change Adapter Settings, right-click on your network adapter and select Properties. Tick Client for Microsoft Networks and try again.

GlamRockCowboy

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2015
    Home Country
    I only have a desktop, which is my primary computer, where I have MP 1.15 installed. I also have an older Dell laptop, which I use occasionally, and which I have connected to my router via Ethernet cable, so that I can download Windows 10 updates for the laptop as needed. Should I disconnect it? Anyhow, nbtstat does show for DESKTOP that MSBROWSE is "Registered." Also, "Client for Microsoft Networks" is showing a checkmark in the box. Oh. one other thing: I did have a Bluetooth dongle plugged in to one of my front panel USB slots, but I have since removed it. Could this have caused some sort of problem as well?

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
      Screenshot (13).png
      369.7 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh. one other thing: I did have a Bluetooth dongle plugged in to one of my front panel USB slots, but I have since removed it. Could this have caused some sort of problem as well?
    I don't know. But you could just delete the Bluetooth adaptor entry in the network settings to be sure that it does not interfere in any way.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could not find an actual Bluetooth entry
    If nbtstat shows it, it must be there. If it is not visible, I would say that your whole Windows setup is kind od shaky.

my Windows 10 setup is now in "Airplane Mode," which disables all wireless communications.
    That should be completely irrelevant.

Your desktop would support a clean Windows install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom