[MP 1.2.0 beta] Import old recordings in new database fails (1 Viewer)

DizzieNL

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
I had to do a full re-install of the HTPC of a friend of mine. He had MP 1.1.3 installed and had some recorded tv. When I try to add these old recordings to the freshly installed MP 1.2.0 beta nothing happens.
In the menu the old recordings are visible (greyed) - but when I select them and click "Import selected files" nothing seems to happen. The entries keep being listed as 'not in database', and when I look into MP they are also not added to the DB.

Is there a (general) problem with importing recordings from MP 1.1.3 into MP 1.2?

DizzieNL

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Thanks for your reply. Seems logical...

Currently I have the HTPC at my own house so I can't configure his TV at this moment. Will do so when it is on sight. If any problem persists importing the old recordings I'll post back.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I seem to be having the same problem. MP 1.2.1 only imported recordings from one channel (Super RTL), but won't import my other recordings from Pro7 (see attached screenshot). There is no error message, nor are the discovered entries greyed out. When I select them and click the import button, nothing happens. Any advice toward diagnosis or workaround is welcome.

P.S.
    :oops:
    Sorry to be so slow! After noticing the part about unassigned channel, I also noticed that my new digital channels didn't correspond 1:1 to the old analog ones. After using the "Change Channel" button as suggested above, the recording imported fine. Logs & screenshot removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom