[solved] MP 1.20 Video IMDB no showing plot (1 Viewer)

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Just of interest I found another way of getting the database, which I prefer. I use Moving Pictures and that creates a jpg and nfo file. I then use MovPicNFO to extract them. You end up with two extra files per move (.jpg and .nfo) , but they are very small. To populate the database you use the internal grabbers. So if I every want to rebuild the database or do a clean install all the info is already in the directory and the database is rebuilt without going to the web and so, so, so fast. When I add new movies I first put them in another directory, get Moving Picture and NovPicNFO to get the jpg and nfo files, then add them and the movies to my main folder, do a quick update of the database.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MyVideo can create nfo files by itself.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    It´s already updated in 1.22 PreRelease
    Hmm, i update internal grabber in MP 1.22Pre and no actor found for Movies :( we need update grabbers in grabbers storage? Or IMDB change page again?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use TMDB grabber - no need to update internal grabbers - new grabbers are delivered with 1.22 PreRelease, I think the actualized grabbers are still not stored in the respective grabber storage on our FTP server ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    no need to update internal grabbers
    Interbal grabbers:
    - InternalActorMoviesGrabber.csscript - return Actor info for Movies - The information returned by the Movie grabber (like TMDB) is now ignored. :)
    - InternalMovieImagesGrabber.csscript - return Poster image for Movies (on manual search in MyVideo IMDB info)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    When movie scan:
    1. Searching - MP use movie grabber like TMDB
    2. Get Details and Poster- MP use movie grabber like TMDB
    3. Get Actors - MP use interbal grabber InternalActorMoviesGrabber for search actors list with roles for movies...
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom