MP 1.3 Beta Crashing after fresh OS install. (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello everyone,

I did a fresh OS (win 7 x64) install yesterday and followed that with a fresh install of MP 1.3 Beta. Everything yesterday was working SO GOOD! Things were fast and I didn't have any problems. Put the computer to sleep and this morning knew there was a problem when the screen didn't come back when I woke the computer. I had to power off the computer and when I restarted got the "windows was not shut down properly".

I told my copmuter to start normally and it tried to start MPo but crashed and thus I have the logs.

This wouldn't be such a big deal except I am leaving in 2 days and need to have this working so my parents, who will be watching my cats, will have something to watch. It needs to be stable enough for the computer non-literate.

Please let me know what I need to do to fix this. It seems to crash when loading windows plug-ins.

Thanks
    -S

P.S I had a feeling that it was MP-TVSeries so I diasbled it from MPo config and all is right with the world. Starts up and is super fast.

I really need this plugin to work so just wanted to help you help me trouble shoot this . Thanks

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Steve,

According to the logs, it looks like you have a database problem. As you mentioned that disabling the TV Series plugin solves your issues, this confirms my thoughts. If you keep getting errors when you have the TV Series plugin enabled, it's probably best to move the TVSeriesDatabase4.db3 file out of the database folder and run a new import. That way you build a new database. Once the new import is done, make a backup in case this happens again!

And since you're already running a 'non stable' (Beta) release, i would suggest to upgrade to the latest 1.3RC release.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the link Homey.

So I installed the RC and things were looking good. Got my files all organized and backed up the database. Put the computer to sleep and when I came back when I restarted it, I launched MPo. It took for ever and hung on the loading windows plugin box. I had to do a hard reset of the computer and it booted back into windows. Tried to launch MPo but it just keeps telling me MPo has stopped working. Cannot get into anything but the debug client and here are the logs. I hope I don't have to reinstall everything, but I suspect that I might. Can you tell me if it can be salvaged. Right now it is down :-(

Thanks as always
    -S

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Checked the logs, and what i see if a problem with the TvService, it won't start. Another error comes from the SchedulesDirectPlugin.
    Does MP start when you disable this plugin? Maybe it's not yet ready for 1.3RC...

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks homey. How do I get into mediaportal if I cannot open the configuration?
    -S
    Hmm... didn't know Config wasn't opening either.

You can remove the .dll from the directory (move it somewhere else).
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom