MP 1.4 TV Auto On failure after resume (1 Viewer)

John0502

Portal Member
May 2, 2011
Home Country
I have an issue after I upgraded from MP 1.3 to MP 1.4. The TV Auto on and Fullscreen functions do not appear to work when resuming from sleep. I get the Watch TV screen and need to Turn on TV and switch to full screen manually. This is fine if starting MP normally and clicking in the 'Watch TV' option - TV truns on and goes to full screen as configured in the TV settings.

In the previous versions I did not have this issue when resuming from sleep. I would put the HTPC (single seat) in stanby-sleep while watching TV (as in MP 1.4) - whjen resuming I would either get the Live TV come back to watch or the EPG - this was what I have come to expect.

I have tried many settings from codecs to TV and PM start delays - nothing changes the situation.

Has anyone seen this issue in MP 1.4? Any ideas on the issue?

I probably will revert back to MP 1.3, but I thought I would try in the forums for one last attempt at fixing it.

John

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello John

Please provide log files, and can you also confirm whether you had the "restart MP on resume" option enabled in MP 1.3.

Thanks,
    mm

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not clear to me if the problem is

1. After resume you enter the tv section from the homescreen and the tv does not automatically turn + go full screen.
    (or)
    2. After resume, the screen is already in the tv section and you expect tv to start automatically + go full screen.

John0502

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    MM

There are a number of TV and MP log files there - are there a subset that would be sufficient for analysis?

I can confirm that under MP 1.3 the TVsettings are default - no TV or MP delay on start settings, no TV re-initialize after resume in Powerscheduler.

kiwijunglist

Not situation 1). It is point 2).
    When I place the HTPC in stanby-sleep it is when I am watching live TV. When I resume, MP 1.4 goes to the TV screen, but TV is neither turned on nor on full screen, So, I need to turn on TV and then go to full screen after resume. Normally when I do this with MP 1.3, it either resumes to Live TV or to the EPG.

I have 2 dual tuner TV cards, a Leadtek Winfast dtv2000ds and a DVICO FusionHDTV Dual Tuner DVB-T. I must say that the DVICO card is more susceptible to signal fluctuations than the Leadtek.

I also use the latest StreamedMP skin and MPExtended - pretty much the only skin and plug-ins I use (World Clock and HTPCInfo make up the rest).

I have clonezilla images of my MP 1.3 and MP 1.4 setups so I can go back and forwards to check setups etc without much trouble. I did upgrade to MP 1.4 from MP 1.3. My PC is a 3rd gen i3-3220 CPU with Windows 7 SP 1 and all patches. I have 4GB RAM. My TV recordings and TimeShift Buffer are on a different drive to the system drive where MP runs from.

One note, I previously, MP 1.2.3 got full system freeze with a rough audio. Need to do a complete system hard reset to fix. This has happened once or twice with MP 1.3 - don't think it has happened with MP 1.4 - Tuner settings and re-tuning seems to fix this - again, signal strength contributed to this issue I think.

John0502

Portal Member
    May 2, 2011
    Home Country
    MM,

Just to confirm, sorry missed it in my first reply. I have not used restart MP-on-resume in both MP 1.3 and MP 1.4.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Start MP in debug mode (look in signature to how grab log) :)
    It will help us to see what happen (we hope)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Weren't there some 1.4 fixes to do with MP crashing if either you suspend or minimize while live TV was playing? Was the fix to stop playback?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom