[solved] (MP 1) xmltv importing channels but not programs (1 Viewer)

MWKuberski

May 4, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have used MP 1 for a while (my system doesn't seem to care for MP 2) Everything was working well until I had a crash. One issue I have had every since reinstalling MP is getting the EPG to work consistently. I used a new tool called EPG-Buddy to pull data from TVGuide and output a TVGuide.lst file and a TVGuide_1.xml file. The instructions then show how to configure the xmltv plug to work with these files. MP will import my channels but not the programs. It looks like I have valid data so I am unsure what is going on. I am running Windows 7 Pro x64 with 8GB of memory. I have attached a zip file with my TVGuide,lst file, TVGuide_1.xml and TVService.log file. Any advice would be helpful. TIA

Attachments

• xmltv_files.zip
    1.7 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome to the forum

MP will import my channels but not the programs.
    Well, the TVGuide_1.xml content looks fine, and I can see from the log file that the XMLTV plugin is successfully reading channel information from it.

Have you mapped the XMLTV channels to TV Server's channels?
    If not, that will be the problem.

I suggest you have a read of this:
    XMLTV mc2xml

(I know the page title is XMLTV mc2xml and you're not using mc2xml. However, the point is that the info in that section of the page is still relevant for you.)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If the EPG-Buddy configuration is done according to the manual the channel mapping should work automatically in xmltv plugin. The channel names in the xml then should be exactly the same as in TV database so all channels should be "green" when checking the mapping. It seems as if not all configuration was done as described in the EPG-Buddy manual.

the TVGuide_1.xml content looks fine
    Looks fine for me too, so I'm pretty sure the issue is about mapping (as you wrote)...

Also the manual is installed together with EPG-Buddy I have attached it here if someone is interested in...

Attachments

• EPG-Buddy Manual.zip
      4.6 MB

MWKuberski

May 4, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    All,

So I have the programs importing now. There were two issues. One, I did not have all of the channels mapped. Second, I didn't see in the xmltv procedures that after everything else, you need to restart the TVservice. Once I did the restart, the programs imported.

Now my problem is that the times seem to be off. I need to check the data and see if I need to do an offset....

Thanks again for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom