MP 2.0 MyTV No Signal - picture freeze (1 Viewer)

portal user

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo1280x720
Windows Version: Windows XP MCE 2004
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: A8N-SLI Premium (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: FloppyDTV-C
TV Card Type: DVB-C
TV Card Driver: DBA 4.1
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6600 (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 84.12
Video Card Resolution: 1216x692
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio
Audio Card Driver: -

Synopsis:: I order to have a fresh MP 2.0 installation, I reinstalled Windows, drivers and MP. I tuned channels and completed Setup.
When watching TV the picture freezed after some time (30 minuttes to 5 hours, it depends). Log entries indicate that the tuner can not obtain a lock.

Code:
07-07-2006 01:11:53 DVBGraph: Unlocked... wait for tunerlock
07-07-2006 01:11:58 Tuner locked: False
07-07-2006 01:11:58 DVBGraphBDA: VMR9 stopped quality:0 strength:0 locked:False fps:0 
07-07-2006 01:11:59 DVBGraphBDA: VMR9 stopped quality:0 strength:0 locked:False fps:0
07-07-2006 01:11:59 DVBGraph: Unlocked... wait for tunerlock

From here on the statements above is repeated until i close MP.

Any sugestions?.... MyTheatre is working flawlessly. Should I try and roll back to a older tv-card driver?

Hoping someone will help

Portal User

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
December 18, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
For me removing the option Use Exclusive DirectX solved a similar problem - worth a try . I also used NVIDIA codec and swapped to the Descaler as they helped reduce crashes. Now MP only crashes very occasionally. I run an SVN just prior to 0.2 but would suggest you try these test for yourself.

portal user

Portal Member
January 23, 2006
Thanks vbgeezer,
I went home and run some tests. Unfortunately the problem exists.

1)PureVideo, directx exclusive ON, Picture Freeze, log as above
2)PureVideo, directx exclusive OFF, Picture Freeze, log as above
3)Dscaler, directx exclusive ON, Picture freeze, log as above
4)Dscaler, directx exclusive OFF, Picture tearing after one hour, didnt wait to see if it would eventually freeze

I found out, that if I restart the pc after each test I getmore time before the problem shows.

Please, please help

Kind Regards

Vibey8

July 12, 2006
Choppy/hanging TV image

I found that even 256 Ram can become overworked and cause the screen to hang. Then you need to shut down all other applications. Upgrading to 512 Ram or higher often solves this problem.
Alternatively, the refresh rate (performance of your monitor) can be lowered.

Question: How do I maximise my TV screen? I only receive a small window image.

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It could`t be that you have a weak TV signal?
    I had a similar problem, and it was because my TV signal was to weak for my TV card.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    mirk said:
    It could`t be that you have a weak TV signal?
    I had a similar problem, and it was because my TV signal was to weak for my TV card.

I tend to agree (at least from personal experience) that most TV cards don't have as good of tuners as televisions have!

Mike

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi

If you look at the support-forum for the floppy-tv you see a big thread about crashing/hanging problems with floppy-dtv and dvb-c (http://www.firedtv.com/Forums/tabid/311/forumid/26/postid/185/view/topic/Default.aspx)

I have a Firedtv and a FloppDTV both with DVB-C. I am only exeriencing this hanging problem with the FloppyDTV. It also occured with MyTheatre (that I use much less). They have recommended that I use a "ground filter" (Mantelstromfilter in german). I have this now running with this filter since 2 days and had not yet another dead floppy-dtv.

What I have sometimes is a picture, that is nomore changing, but I can then fix this with turning tv off/on within mediaportal. I think this is coming from bad reception. I think (not sure), that is has gone a little bader since I started using the ground filter.

The real freeze of FloppyDTV is something else in my opinion, then the FloppyDTV does no longer react to anything (also not to the IR-transmitter). If you then just reboot the machine, the FloppyDTV is nolonger detected by Windows. The only cure is to shutdown the machine, so that there is nomore more to the FloppyDTV and then restart.
    This has not happended to me since I use the ground filter.

Let's hope it stays that way.

Bruno

portal user

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    Hi again,
    Thank you for your replies.

I have upgraded to the latest Firmware and installed MP 2.0 stable patch.
    This didnt help.

Vibey8: I have 1GB system memory and only 128 mb on the graphics card. Are sugesting to upgrade the graphics card?

mirk: Offcause it is possible that I have a bad signal. But how can I meassure this? I have googled for a tool but havent found any.

brunoh: Thank you for pointing me to the thread on firedtv.com. I dont have the "firedtv is not plugged in" problem, just a picture freeze in MP and the log above. When I reboot the system I do a restart in windows and not a shut down - power on, when restarted I sometimes can watch tv for hours before the picture freeze problem hits me. Since the ground filter isnt expensive I will definitly give it a shoot. Thank you.

Do you know of anyone who have a 100% working MP+FloppyDTV-c configuration?

Best Regards

RubaDuck7

Portal Member
    June 19, 2006
    Finland
    If you start up the MyTheathre app that came with the FloppyDTV, you should be able to see the signal strenght as a precentage and bar below the picture itself. If it doesn't show, click on the black strip (or scrolling EPG info) just below the picture.

portal user

Portal Member
    January 23, 2006
    Have been looking at signal straenght and quality. Both seems fine when I read the log, except that they both go to zero just before the no signal message and picture freeze.

is signal drop-out an possiblity?, if so what is the cure?

Ran a test yesterday where I turned MyTheatre on and left it on for 24 hrs. No fall-outs or any other problems was observed.

Why the difference....is the TV engine of MyTheatre more robuste when it comes to signal drop-out?

Hope someone can help.

Best Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom