MP 2.1.1 crashes as soon as I click on the big settings icon on the settings page (1 Viewer)

jon z

August 12, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:

Description
select the settings "gear", and the setting page loads. select the big "settings" button, and mp crashes every time. am I doing something wrong?

Steps to Reproduce:
select the settings "gear", and the setting page loads. select the big "settings" button, and mp crashes every time.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please reproduce the issue (crash) and then upload a fresh set of logs.

jon z

August 12, 2017
    Home Country
    :

Description
    MP 2.1.1 crashes as soon as I click on the big "settings" icon on the settings page. Here are the captured logs.

Steps to Reproduce:
    click on settings icon (the big gear), then click on settings icon ( the only icon on the settings page. within a few seconds, mp crashes and win 10 jumps is and closes it down

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This looks like an issue with your Windows installation or filesystem problem:
    The last line in MP2 log is to enable the WIFI configuration. And in the Windows application log following crash reason is logged:
    Windows cannot access the file C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache\~FontCache-FontFace.dat for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program MediaPortal 2 because of this error.

Program: MediaPortal 2
    File: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache\~FontCache-FontFace.dat

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: 152007C0
    Disk type: 3
    So I suggest to check the filesystem first.

jon z

August 12, 2017
    Home Country
    thanks for your quick analysis and reply. I think this is beyond my level of expertise, as I'm unfamiliar with what the file "fontface.dat" is, and how to possibly repair it. It sounds like it is part of the win10 operating system---but I'm not even sure I have that right. I have run CHKDSK in the past, and I think I can at least do that---but beyond that (unfortunately at my level of non-expertise) the other bullet points you list don't make sense to me.
    Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom