MP2 - V2.1 MP 2.1.1 not responding (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi all
I have been using MP1 for several years now but thought it was time to give MP2 a chance. My MP1.* htpc acts as server+client and therefore I disabled the TVSERVICE and all other MP1 stuff and installed the MP2.

Everything worked out of the box but after a while, when I was moving around in the menus, the GUI stoped responding and I had to end the MP2 service and restart. I have tried this a couple of times as you can see in the attached logs.

Do you find something in the logs?

Best regards
Niklas

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

Thanks for trying MP 2.1.1 :)

Logs are full of the same error.
    SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x8876086C], Module: [SharpDX.Direct3D9], ApiCode: [D3DERR_INVALIDCALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown
    vid SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
    vid SharpDX.Direct3D9.Device.BeginScene()
    vid MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.DirectX.RenderPipelines.AbstractRenderPipeline.BeginRender()
    vid MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.DirectX.GraphicsDevice.Render(Boolean doWaitForNextFame)

This is a graphics problem. Have you upgraded your WIndows to the Creator's edition? Also, have you checked if any new graphics driver is available for your Nvidia card?

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One further thing I realized, you seem to use an older version of WebRadio Plugin, that is not compatible:
    [2017-07-30 17:14:16,340] [1143 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - Error parsing plugin descriptor file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Webradio\plugin.xml' System.ArgumentException: 'Plugin' element doesn't support an attribute 'PluginVersion' vid MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor.Load(String pluginDirectoryPath) [2017-07-30 17:14:16,352] [1155 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - Error loading plugin in directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Webradio' System.ArgumentException: Directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Webradio' doesn't contain a valid plugin descriptor file vid MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginDirectoryDescriptor..ctor(String pluginDirectoryPath) vid MediaPortal.Common.Services.PluginManager.PluginManager.LoadPluginsData()"]

If you want to use WebRadio, you need to use a newer version. I can help you with finding it.

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for your respons @ge2301

I think its upgraded to Creators edition. Is it not compatible with that or do you require that? I'l check.
    I also think I have the latest drivers to my Nvidia card. I will check that too.

Where do I find the Webradio pluging? I found it on the repository for MP2 plugins.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think its upgraded to Creators edition. Is it not compatible with that or do you require that?
    We have found that the Creator's update is fixing some weird graphic issues that we had experienced in the past.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Nybbe67 ,

did you upgrade from an older version or did you run a completely fresh install of MP 2.1.1?

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It wasn't upgraded to Creative, I will do that then. Same with the drivers, it was downloaded but not installed :(. I will upgrade that too.

thanks for the link in PM. I will try that version.

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Sorry guys, went back to MP 1.7 again. I couldn't solve my problems with unresponsive GUI even after upgrade to Creative and Nvidia drivers. And I could not get Webradio plugin to work either. And I want more skins, lite Titanius that I have been used for a couple of years now.

Will make a new try with MP 2 in the future. Thanks for your work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom