MP 2.2.3 Search TV program only with the correct begin of show title (1 Viewer)

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hello everybody,

I‘m trying to use the search function for e.g. “The Masked Singer”. I first search for “singer”, none correct results. Then I tried “masked”, same.
    But as I tried “the masked” the show was founded.
    Did I do something wrong or is this a new “feature”?

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    You are right, text search uses "starts with". But you can work around by entering "%singer" (% is a wildcard in SQL)

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Using this wildcard is not easy without a keyboard on my media center. Fortunately I do not search a lot to record.
    But just for me to know, we it be changed someday?

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Using this wildcard is not easy without a keyboard on my media center. Fortunately I do not search a lot to record.
    But just for me to know, we it be changed someday?
    I agree here. Would it be not possible to set the wildcard % automatically in front of every search entry? It should still work, if the search string is directly at the beginning. @morpheus_xx could be even possible by xaml perhaps? But I guess to handle it in #C would be cleaner ...

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Yes, I thought about this topic as well. I'd prefer an explicit switch to select between "starts with" and "contains". The reason is that the current way "starts with" is faster than the "contains" query and leads to "better" results.
    One disadvantage when using "contains" is that once you type in a single "e" you will get probably a few thousand results. That's why an explicit selection is IMHO better.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    lol, when looking at the code I've seen TVE3.5 does a "equal" compare here. So you would have to type very exact ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    horned_reaper [solved] Improved MBID Search for Artist and Album Fanart Handler 106
    S TV-Server MP1 - Automatic search doesn't work Installation, configuration support 2
    B How to Search MP2 for Movies only in 7 day EPG that comes from the Antenna General 3
    S search for transponder list, symbol rate 6900000 TV-Cards 0
    Terra Crash when searching movies, reproducable Moving Pictures 2
    Hotkey Search for external Graphic Card to use UHD w. 60Hz Video-Cards 0
    C Is it possible to search or filter non-movie videos in Videos plug-in? General Support 4
    J [solved] Newbie to MediaPortal 2 - Cannot open/run TV programs Newcomers Forum 4
    R Visual status of watched TV programs MediaPortal 1 Talk 2
    A [solved] Cant see all recorded programs General 9
    L [solved] Modifying programmed recording after setting it General 0
    G Switch to new channel at begining of program automatically Feature Requests 0
    johns11 Multiple programs responding to IR commands since upgrade from 1.12 Remotes 3
    K How to start Chrome or other programs MediaPortal 1 Talk 41
    drumrob Time and Genre overlap in program description 1.22 Pre Release 7
    N [Finished] [MP2-806] Playing a recorded radio program does not show screen to allow skipping forward, etc MediaPortal 2 141
    N [Finished] MP2-803 - Delete full series doesn't work when viewing a program in the extended schedule screen MediaPortal 2 12
    N What do the series recording options mean, and why is MP2 recording random programs? General 3
    M Problem With Sending Channel to External Program from TV3 Blaster IR Server Suite (IRSS) 1
    M Forwarding Cmd Line Arg in IRSS Run Program MediaPortal 1 Plugins 0
    A UK - BBC2 EPG suddenly has several programs daily with 'No information' Electronic Program Guide 57
    A [solved] XmlTv not importing programs General 8
    J Option to rename the programs during advance scheduling Feature Requests 0
    H [fixed] Series programming/deleting 2.2 Archive 1
    S Why open source fails and Integration wins for complex programs General 15