MP 2.2.3 Search TV program only with the correct begin of show title (1 Viewer)

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,

I‘m trying to use the search function for e.g. “The Masked Singer”. I first search for “singer”, none correct results. Then I tried “masked”, same.
    But as I tried “the masked” the show was founded.
    Did I do something wrong or is this a new “feature”?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You are right, text search uses "starts with". But you can work around by entering "%singer" (% is a wildcard in SQL)

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using this wildcard is not easy without a keyboard on my media center. Fortunately I do not search a lot to record.
    But just for me to know, we it be changed someday?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using this wildcard is not easy without a keyboard on my media center. Fortunately I do not search a lot to record.
    But just for me to know, we it be changed someday?
    I agree here. Would it be not possible to set the wildcard % automatically in front of every search entry? It should still work, if the search string is directly at the beginning. @morpheus_xx could be even possible by xaml perhaps? But I guess to handle it in #C would be cleaner ...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I thought about this topic as well. I'd prefer an explicit switch to select between "starts with" and "contains". The reason is that the current way "starts with" is faster than the "contains" query and leads to "better" results.
    One disadvantage when using "contains" is that once you type in a single "e" you will get probably a few thousand results. That's why an explicit selection is IMHO better.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    lol, when looking at the code I've seen TVE3.5 does a "equal" compare here. So you would have to type very exact ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've implemented this change and pushed to MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2. It will be part of next release.
    @ge2301 can you please check the nereus screen layout, I simply added the checkbox under the input field.
    I changed to RadioButtons and added also the default option "starts with", because it is not self-explaining.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom