[solved] MP 2-2.3 x 64 crashing (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I have nearly completed building a new desktop PC, hardware and software, everything was looking great till I tried to get MP2 2.3 (Server and Client) installed and running. It installed without problems and TV channel scan was also good but when I tried to start the x64 bit version it briefly displayed an exception error and the crashed, see screenshot below and attached log, but the x86 version seems ok. Restarting win 10, repair, reinstalling, after uninstall and uninstall with deletion of mp folder in Program data all have not changed the problem.
    As mentioned this is a clean install of the latest version of Win 10 x 64 on new hardware, am I missing something???
    x64crash.jpg

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2020-11-08-16.05.59.zip
      215.7 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win 10 20H2 system. Some VC runtime are also needed to be installed manually before the installation finally works...
    Hi. Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win...
    Having issues installing MP 2.3 on an HP Probook G6 running Windows 10 20H2 build I had to install all the dependencies DX9 and...
    Replies
    Views
    I believe mine is fixed, need to do some more testing tomorrow but I'm no longer having to run the client as administrator to avoid the crash. I followed the instructions in this post, which I just found tonight. I was using the Windows Media skin mentioned in that post so that may have been the cause of it. Here's the link to the...
    I believe mine is fixed, need to do some more testing tomorrow but I'm no longer having to run the client as administrator to avoid...
    Hi, I did a clean install last night. Everything seemed good. This morning, after a restart I now get the error "could not find...
    Replies
    Views
    I think that the convention is for the final release to be around 4 weeks after the pre-release, but this timetable is not rigid, so the final release might be earlier or later. If you still have your MP 1.27f (or older) installation available, you perhaps should continue using that until MP 1.28f is released. -- from CyberSimian in...
    I think that the convention is for the final release to be around 4 weeks after the pre-release, but this timetable is not rigid...
    MP1.28 pre installed without problems along side an MP2 test version but when I attempted to scan for TV channels it did not find...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I tested this on my Intel Core i7-4785T on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mainboard. With the Intel HD Graphics driver version 15.40.47.5166, MediaPortal crashes when I try to play MPEG2 (SD) recordings/live TV. With H.264 (HD) ts files or live TV, it works. I also tested it with...
    I tested this on my Intel Core i7-4785T on a MSI Z97 Gaming 7 mainboard. With the Intel HD Graphics driver version 15.40.47.5166...
    Hello everyone. I've run into this issue recently on 2x systems that I manage for friends and family. Both run MP 1.25 using the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom