MP2 - V2.3 MP 2.3 Install failed 0x80070643 Windows 10 ver 20H2 (1 Viewer)

Bucky O'Hare

Portal Member
April 24, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Having issues installing MP 2.3 on an HP Probook G6 running Windows 10 20H2 build I had to install all the dependencies DX9 and Visual C++ Redistributable packs 2008 through to 2015 to 2019 because the instaler kept crashing out when it tried to load the DX9 downloader that got me to selecting the type of install from which I selected client only as this is going to be connected to my MP2.3 Server which runs same version of Windows 10 as this laptop. the Installation terminates with the 0x80070643 error.

I have disabled Windows Defender and tried again with the same error message.

As a test I used another laptop (Toshiba Satellite Pro) setup in a similar way running same win 10 build and had no issues installing MP2.3 without having to install DX9 and the Visual C packages first.

Attachments

• MP2-Setup.log
    14 KB
  • MP2-Setup_000_MainPackage.log
    885.5 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @aspik don't we now include the minimum D3D files in our VideoPlayer project as nuget package? So we could in principle remove the complete DX9 setup stuff from current installer...

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    @aspik don't we now include the minimum D3D files in our VideoPlayer project as nuget package?
    Yes, you made a nuget package from the required DLLs. Here's the commit, where we reference it:
    Not sure, if its also part of other branches, but in the new installer branch I already removed the DX setup from the installer and the client is working after the installation.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I already removed the DX setup
    Probably you've done this too early or too much. I needed to install DX9 manually before I could install MP 2.3 on a clean Win 10 20H2 system. Some VC runtime are also needed to be installed manually before the installation finally works...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom