MP2 - V2.3 MP 2.3 Media Library Duplicates (1 Viewer)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My Series Media Library is showing duplicates for all the series. One with just the series name and another with the series name and the year of the series. The one with just the series name has nothing in it. Any ideas what could be happening?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My Series Media Library is showing duplicates for all the series. One with just the series name and another with the series name and the year of the series. The one with just the series name has nothing in it. Any ideas what could be happening?
    @henso, this is the second report about this, could you take a look please. @joecrow you didn’t realize such problems, right? Did you also perform a new series import?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After reading this report I think that I saw this issue also when I navigated from home content "continue watching" to the 3rd season of Babylon Berlin. I did also see more seasons, also from other series.

My season was added with latest builds, maybe there is an issue with new imports only? I am not at home, so can't check in detail

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow you didn’t realize such problems, right? Did you also perform a new series import?
    I have to confess that my test PC did not have any TV series on it so I did not check this, music, movies, videos and images yes, sorry. I have subsequently added 4 German and 1 English TV vids in a dedicated folder and set it up as the Series media source. After the import only the English one appeared in the Series section (single entry with artwork) the 4 German ones appear in Videos all with double entries but without artwork, the English one also appears under videos but again with a single entry and artwork. I am very unfamiliar with MP2 series so not sure how that should work, both MP2 and Windows is set to English language but don't see why that would impact this???:unsure:

Update:-
    After playback 2 entries see attached screenshot.
    Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Note:
    I imported my series share with a regular MP2.3 installation. The import was very fast and without issues.
    The wrong series and season order is existing only with deactivated user management! Once activated, everything looks nice, so there is a bug in user mangement.

As temporal bugfix until a fix is provided, please keep user management activated.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That fixed it for me. I never would have thought it could be the users stuff.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That fixed it for me. I never would have thought it could be the users stuff.
    Could you please go to the media plugin folder in MP2 client and replace existing media.dll with this one?
    It should be fixing the user management issue. I'd be glad o receive your test results.

Attachments

• Media.zip
      174.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom